Did you mean: 

Finding Gobi

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Lovely feelgood story.....

Some people will have read about the stray dog who joined marathon runner Dean Leonard when he ran a 155 mile journey across the Gobi Desert in China. The dog (called Gobi) never left his side and Dean decided to take him back to Scotland with him.

Gobi and Dion pass the finishing line

He was left with a friend while Dean flew back home to make the arrangements.

Sadly Gobi then went missing.

Mr Leonard flew back to China...posted flyers and info on social media. 5 days on and he was about to give up. Then he had a call from someone who claimed to have seen the dog in a park already searched by Dean.

He went back...and was amazed when Gobi came running towards him.

This time, after losing Gobi, Mr Leonard isn't taking anymore chances...he will stay in China till he can bring the dog back with him.

Dion Leonard and Gobi

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-37182207

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

This epitomises a dog. They don't call them man's best friend for nothing. Beautiful story and I may yet get a puppy here.  Someone who can sense your mood and no matter how you feel they are there to give and receive love, 

Message 2 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

The BBC are going to interview Dean Leonard just before 9am. I think it's a wonderful story. I have been following it since he ran that marathon with Gobi. Gutted when he went missing but really lovely end. I don't blame you getting a dog Steve. As you say 'mans best friend' without a doubt...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 11

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Aww that is so lovely. That dog has captured his heart and is meant to be with him . Can't wait to see the interview too. Thanks for posting @Cleoriff heart x

giphy-3
Message 4 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Gobi will be a 'celebrity' In Scotland @Cairdeas. Dean Leonard lives in Edinburgh....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 11

Cairdeas
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Gobi will be a 'celebrity' In Scotland @Cairdeas. Dean Leonard lives in Edinburgh....:smileywink:

Lovely. That wee dog will be a celebrity too. A symbol of goodness in the world for once slight_smile x

Edit.. Sorry.. just realised it was the dog you were talking about Smiley Very Happy x

giphy-3
Message 6 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

He has just been on the news.....really heart warming story.heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 11

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

What a lovely story! I'm glad little Gobi will be starting his new life in Scotland soon. slight_smile

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 11

Cairdeas
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

He has just been on the news.....really heart warming story.heart

Damn.. Missed it x

giphy-3
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff I hadn't heard the story ... & what a lovely story it is ... thank you for posting

@jonsie I can imagine you with a puppy ... recently I've been poorly just with a miserable cold etc & my cat Marty was loving & constantly cuddling up to me in bed when I was trying to get the better of it all slight_smile

Message 10 of 11