Festive snacks, sweets & treats

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

IMG_7525.jpg

Hi everyone, 

During this season, with the cold weather creeping in and the days being shorter, I find that festive treats can lift up my mood and make me forget about the freezing wind and grey skies. In fact this weekend, I spent a couple of hours making the gingerbread men you can see in the picture on the right - the smell alone was fantastic, but the snacking that followed was even better smiley

Do you have any favourite treats you like to get over the festive period?

Gingerbread, mince pies, chocolate candied oranges, candy cane, some fudge, anything caramel, a good cup of hot chocolate, ... there are so many options out there, and we all celebrate the holidays in our own way - I'd be curious to know what are the treats you like most over this time of the year! christmas_tree

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

Titanium
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 42 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Favourite mince pies so far are Sainsbury's deep filled for a pound... But I've bought some 'Extra Special' ASDA ones to try this weekend so they could be the new favourite! I saw them rated highly on a mince pie test this year and seem to be the cheapest premium ones currently.
Message 21 of 38

mahj
Level 3: Thinker
  • 75 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Are they the ones with icing on? They were yummy 😋
Message 22 of 38

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@mahj wrote:
Are they the ones with icing on? They were yummy 😋

I have both from Asda, Normal and the ones with icing on...yes they are yummy @mahj

@TitaniumI saw that taste test. The problem was, they did NOT test the brand which has been voted the best mince pies this year, Those from Iceland. They are pretty good and inexpensive wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
So what's so festive about a Bakewell then @mahj
Message 24 of 38

mahj
  • 75 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Haha no idea? And don’t actually care 😄 Companies will market anything as ‘festive’ these days for a sale. I didn’t really get what was so festive about the Mr Kipling Festive Bakewells either apart from the colourful sprinkles maybe? Lol
Message 25 of 38

Titanium
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 42 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Cleoriff The Iceland premium ones are currently 50p more than the ASDA premium ones, they may be worth it though. I'll have to give them a try! I'm not sure about all of Iceland's choices though...I've just seen they're selling mince pie ice creams... 😮

@Anonymous The festive bakewells have plum jam in them, it's a nod to plum pudding I think. They're nice anyway! grin
Message 26 of 38

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Titanium

Funnily enough I prefer Asda normal 'deep fill' mince pies to their Premium ones.

I think the pastry on premium is a little weird. upside_down

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks @Titanium think I'll avoid them
Message 28 of 38

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Not a fan of mince pies, or Terry's chocolate orange.
I am a BIG fan of Toblerone tho - so long as it is milk or white chocolate (not the fruit and nut!).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 29 of 38

mahj
  • 75 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Titanium - would’ve thought plums were more of an autumnal thing but there you go! 😄

@gmarkj - never seen a fruit and nut one will have to look out for them, thanks! (Even though I know you don’t like them) 😄
Message 30 of 38