Favourite summer activity?

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Summer on the commuity-3.png

Hey everyone, 

To kick off the community summer content let's talk about your favourite summer activity! During the summer months we have more light, less rain (sometimes upside_down) and sunny days to make the most of. 

There are tons of fun things to do during summer so we'd love to hear about your all time favourite summer activity. 

It could be anything from taking a trip abroad, having a BBQ with friends and family or something as simple as drying your laundry outside! yahoo

For me it's enjoying the long warm evenings and getting on top of the gardening. Share your favourite summer activities with the community below! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sitting in the middle of a field with virtually zero mobile signal and enjoying the peace and quiet 😁
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Sounds like heaven to me @MI5 cool

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It is mate 😜
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Mine is pretty much the same as yours @Martin-O2. Light mornings, late evenings and my garden.

This year in particular is the one thing which hasn't changed.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 10

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25020 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As I don`t like the cold, I appreciate the warm weather of summer.

I enjoy the bright early mornings and late evenings without having to put the lights on; and the peace and quiet with the sound of birds.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 6 of 10

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10668 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
One of the sounds I like to hear is the roar of a mower starting up to make the first grass cut of the year..as long as I'm not mowing😎 so summer.
My activity is watching from the patio with a glass of elder flower cordial and ice..🤗

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 7 of 10

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 8 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Cleoriff there's nothing like being able to sit outside in a t shirt on a summers evening! 

I like the extra light too @Mi-Amigo, the only downside is my cat thinks sunlight = breakfast time so he often wakes me early during the summer. 

Sounds good @TallTrees! Get someone else to do the heavy lifting. cool

Haha I know that feeling @jonsie!

signature

Message 9 of 10

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@TallTrees I like the smell of the lawn mower more than the sound! grin Well the resulting fresh smell of cut grass more specifically.

Summer is my favourite time of the year. So many favourite summer activities, I would say everything I do year-round becomes a favourite when it's summer and more light, warm weather, more motivation for everything. But if I have to pick, I would say walking outside, maybe along the canal and seeing birds and squirrels, picking up nice rocks from the walking path (I collect them). 

Oh forgot to add, I also like seeing all the trees and plants starting to look alive and green again for summer.

Message 10 of 10