Did you mean: 

Favourite documentaries on Disney+

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys,

I've subscribed to Disney+ too recently as I love streaming TV shows and movies (already have Netflix and Amazon Prime!). We've had some discussion around Disney+ before, but I wanted to concentrate this time specifically on the documentaries. yahoo

They have a whole section just for National Geographic stuff to watch which is really exciting, and I've added loads to my watch list! I really like documentaries but it's not something I've actually actively sought out previously, it's been more of an after thought when there's nothing else to watch.

I think with the lockdown I've really started to watch more documentaries, and I'm loving it. I'm learning a lot as well and I'm arranging time from my day to spend watching these. slight_smile

Maybe watching more documentaries will also one day help me with my answers in @Mi-Amigo  weekly quizzes.... sweat_smile

For example, I've been watching a few episodes of The World According to Jeff Goldblum so far and I think it's awesome. Jeff Goldblum is presenting in his quirky style and he's finding out interesting facts and history about every-day things such as ice cream and sneakers that you might not have heard before. grin Have you seen this one too guys?

I also watched a few nature docs so far such as one about migratory birds that was really fascinating. Veterinary documentaries, animals and space also are super interesting to me and I've added a few to my watch list already.

At the moment on the National Geographic side of Disney+ you have the following documentary categories with several docs in each. On top of these there are some additional Disney documentaries as well!

• Series
  • Movies and specials
  • Vets and pets
  • Science and innovation
  • Animals and nature
  • Exploring our world

Do you guys actively watch Disney+ at the moment? If so have you liked the documentaries so far? I'd love to hear what documentary types are your favourites from the above list (and in general if you don't have Disney+!), and if you have specific titles in mind that you can recommend for our collective watch lists? slight_smile

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
They showed a clip of the elephant one on Gogglebox the other day and that looked quite good...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
They showed a clip of the elephant one on Gogglebox the other day and that looked quite good...

@gmarkj  I saw that clip as well. PS....Last Gogglebox tonight until September. (Love it)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Morning guys!

I'd love to hear how you liked the elephant one if you get a chance to watch it @gmarkj  or @Cleoriff ! Any other documentaries you like?

I confess I had to google what Gogglebox is. nerd 

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marjo wrote:

I confess I had to google what Gogglebox is. nerd 

And are you bitterly disappointed? slight_smile

Seen they have an App for the Roku stick and was in two minds whether to sign in up for a bit but if they have included some of the science docs I probably will now.

Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I haven't got Disney+ @Marjo  so no I haven't seen it.

As for Gogglebox, you either love it or hate it. All of my family love it. rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6