cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favourite Comedians?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Am a big fan of Stewart Lee and although I know he's controversial, Frankie Boyle.

I just wondered if anyone round here had any opinions on comedians?

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do like Rob Brydon, and some of his impressions are remarkably accurate  Smiley Very Happy

https://youtu.be/IDHuTwqTqqo

Message 11 of 27

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
He's also a very good singer @Anonymous.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 12 of 27

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35921 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions
Some very funny people up there, yes. Others not yet mentioned: Bill Bailey, Jasper Carrott, Rowan Atkinson, Griff Rhys Jones, Tony Robinson, the late Dave Allen, the late Ronnie Barker, the late Mel Smith.

And off QI: Allan Davies, Phill Jupitus, Rich Hall, Ross Noble, Sean Lock, Sue Perkins, Noel Fielding, Josh Widdecombe, Cariad Lloyd, Ronni Ancona, Jack Whitehall, Richard Osman...
Message 13 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Glory1 wrote:
He's also a very good singer @Anonymous.

Here’s an unlikely duet wink

https://youtu.be/4hWQ63OHsXI

Message 14 of 27

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Very unlikely but absolutely brilliant @Anonymous. Thank you for sharing. Two very talented and funny men.

Message 15 of 27

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@pgn wrote:
Some very funny people up there, yes. Others not yet mentioned: Bill Bailey, Jasper Carrott, Rowan Atkinson, Griff Rhys Jones, Tony Robinson, the late Dave Allen, the late Ronnie Barker, the late Mel Smith.

And off QI: Allan Davies, Phill Jupitus, Rich Hall, Ross Noble, Sean Lock, Sue Perkins, Noel Fielding, Josh Widdecombe, Cariad Lloyd, Ronni Ancona, Jack Whitehall, Richard Osman...

I know everyone of the names you mention but Cariad Lloyd; she (I assume the name is feminine) is new to me. Of the names I do know Noel Fielding I find intensely irritating and not the least bit funny. Sorry Horrified

The late Dave Allen was a comedian who should have been on my list too. He used to have me in stitches. 

Message 16 of 27

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Of those mentioned above, I only like Jasper Carrott, Ronnie Barker and the late great Dave Allen.

From Q.I. Sean Lock and Rich Hall are funny. As for the rest, let's just say Alan Davies is a better actor than  comedian. The others mentioned? ...as my dear Dad would say...I wouldn't pay them in washers Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 27

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Oh and I forgot to ask, is Richard Osman a comedian? He's a producer and a game show host but I never saw him as a comedian. He's not funny so much as having the odd amusing one liner. But he is a clever bloke, I'll say that.

Message 18 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Glory1 wrote:
Oh and I forgot to ask, is Richard Osman a comedian? He's a producer and a game show host but I never saw him as a comedian. He's not funny so much as having the odd amusing one liner. But he is a clever bloke, I'll say that.

He is funny, but perhaps more of a presenter than a comic. I think it’s the same with Jonathan Ross, and Graham Norton, as both can be very funny, but I don’t think either could do stand-up comedy. 

I’ve seen Jack Dee play live, quite early on in his career, and he was very good. Even with all the emerging talent coming through, I think he’s still one of the best stand-ups at the moment. 

https://youtu.be/mxlD1sPCvXU

Message 19 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Now Graham Norton is a very funny guy. He made me laugh in Father Ted...smile

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 27