Did you mean: 

Faulty blender

Ebritton14
Level 3: Thinker
  • 59 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
*I DONT KNOW WHETHER THIS IS THE RIGHT PLACE FOR THIS BUT HERE GOES*

Hi to whoever reads this. So it’s a tricky situation, i bought a Breville blend active. Healthy choice for me and the kids right? So I make a smoothie and I put it in my bag and drive to work. When I arrive I notice that it’s leaked all over my iPhone SE. ARGHHH it’s now severely water damaged and doesn’t work properly. So I went to Asda, then the manager did confirm the bottle was in fact faulty and wasn’t my fault but recommended I contacted them hoping they would have the courtesy to replace the phone. They did take it off to inspect the phone for 3-4 weeks. I got a letter back, as well as my phone saying that “We’ve been unable to repeat the explained fault so we won’t take it any further but to keep faith in our brand we replaced the blender” LIKE SORRY BUT WTF??!!! What do you think they should do? Personally I think they should replace the phone but please help me and thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122811 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

The OP has already been in touch with C.A.B who helped them compose a letter. Quite who the letter was sent to I've no idea? However I get a feeling no-one will admit responsibility for it. I'm sure they will all state the phone shouldn't have been in the same part of the bag with a drink.

I get the feeling if the OP wants the phone repaired, they will have to bear the cost of it.

I suppose putting it in a bag of rice in the airing cupboard will be far too late now.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

The OP has already been in touch with C.A.B who helped them compose a letter. Quite who the letter was sent to I've no idea? However I get a feeling no-one will admit responsibility for it. I'm sure they will all state the phone shouldn't have been in the same part of the bag with a drink.

I get the feeling if the OP wants the phone repaired, they will have to bear the cost of it.

I suppose putting it in a bag of rice in the airing cupboard will be far too late now.....

I think the phone maybe too far gone for that now 

Message 12 of 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Maybe put the phone in the blender and claim off the manufacturer as their T&Cs don't say you shouldn't put a mobile in their blender....

Message 13 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Maybe put the phone in the blender and claim off the manufacturer as their T&Cs don't say you shouldn't put a mobile in their blender....

Approved!

Message 14 of 22

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

And cue obligatory Youtube video:

Message 15 of 22

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2206 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

You made my day rofljoyrofljoyrofl

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 16 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sheepdog wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Luv your suggestion @jonsie & the blendtec video @sheepdog

The mahines' voices reminded me of the computer Hal's voice in the film 2001 A Space Odyssey Destroy

Message 17 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sheepdog wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

@sheepdog

Great minds think alike.

Message 18 of 22

Ebritton14
  • 59 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks guys, they won’t replace it, I am going to have my sons x when he gets the new one
Message 19 of 22

Ebritton14
  • 59 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
*Update the iPhone is working but water damage is obvious*
Message 20 of 22