Did you mean: 

Faulty blender

Ebritton14
Level 3: Thinker
  • 59 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
*I DONT KNOW WHETHER THIS IS THE RIGHT PLACE FOR THIS BUT HERE GOES*

Hi to whoever reads this. So it’s a tricky situation, i bought a Breville blend active. Healthy choice for me and the kids right? So I make a smoothie and I put it in my bag and drive to work. When I arrive I notice that it’s leaked all over my iPhone SE. ARGHHH it’s now severely water damaged and doesn’t work properly. So I went to Asda, then the manager did confirm the bottle was in fact faulty and wasn’t my fault but recommended I contacted them hoping they would have the courtesy to replace the phone. They did take it off to inspect the phone for 3-4 weeks. I got a letter back, as well as my phone saying that “We’ve been unable to repeat the explained fault so we won’t take it any further but to keep faith in our brand we replaced the blender” LIKE SORRY BUT WTF??!!! What do you think they should do? Personally I think they should replace the phone but please help me and thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ebritton14 Not sure the company would replace the phone as they don’t have the means to but you could try & get a repair by taking it to your nearest Apple store & making a Genius Bar appointment 

https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

Message 2 of 22

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Ebritton14

I'm sorry I don't know the law on this. If Asda said they sent the phone off for testing and couldn't replicate the fault then that's it.

You may be better off speaking to Citizens Advice Bureau and see what they advise...?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 22

Ebritton14
  • 59 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Sorry, I don’t think I really made it clear enough. What it meant to say was the Asda manager actually did replicate it and he actually told me he’d be happy to say or write to tell them it was faulty. I don’t really know the law on it either but I think there probably should be one considering there is obviously no quality control
Message 4 of 22

Ebritton14
  • 59 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
He also told me in his own words “they should replace it or give the cash value, however they will most likely try it on a bit.” If that helps, and thanks guys
Message 5 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thing is though if it’s out of the 14 day period or not insured then they won’t replace, o2 will just send it off to their repair centres which if you search this forum they leave a lot to be desired. Your better off going to Apple following my link i posted

Message 6 of 22

Ebritton14
  • 59 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
The damaged iPhone isn’t even on o2, but my current one is and I’d consider taking it to the Apple store, but my closest one is about 50-60 miles from me. I don’t want to sound ridiculous but I don’t want to pay their extortionate fees to replace or fix a phone which wasn’t even my fault that it’s broken in the 1st place. I did go to citizens advice and they helped write a letter which hopefully will help get it sorted. Thanks for all the input though.
Message 7 of 22

Ebritton14
  • 59 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Also I’ve had it since launch day, so a long time. And if did work perfectly and still in good condition after that amount of time, that’s pretty impressive. Also I did buy it from cpwh but upfront as I didn’t want a contract.
Message 8 of 22

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Ebritton14 It's a tricky one. I'm not a lawyer, but I doubt anyone will accept liability for this. I'm sure you didn't do it deliberately, but it was a mistake on your part, and I'm sure there's nothing in anyone's warranty or terms & conditions about putting a drink in a bag and it leaking on a phone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I doubt they will cough up for a new phone.They have replaced the blender for you. I'm not sure if they have a legal obligation but they definitely have a moral one. You could consult the Citizen's Advice Bureau to see if it's worth pursuing in the small claims court. To me, they have sort of admitting being at fault by replacing the blender. It might also be worth contac1ting the manufacturer of the blender

Good luck and do keep us updated, I for one, am very interested on the legal implications.

Message 10 of 22