cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FREAK attack on website security

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yet another large scale scare story for the man in the street to worry about.

In case anybody's interested in a simple explaination:

* Yes, it is fairly easy for those with bad intent to use this to steal your information as it flows over the internet

* Yes, it is remarkably easy for website owners to fix.  Any that haven't in 48 hours or so are being lazy

* It requires both the user to use an affected browser, AND the website to run affected SSL code, so if you fix your end, you won't be affected whichever sites you visit, (UNLESS the server has been compromised in another way too, but that is out of your control - ask the company running it.  If they don't know, or don't care to tell you, draw your own conclusions)

* The affected browsers are basically the one built in to Android phones, and Safari

* Companies smart enough to run their servers on the latest OpenBSD would not be affected - well done those who choose this path wink

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

To the 'man on the street' ....ie me...

You kept that quiet, Denis!!

Oh, so @Cleoriff is a man ?  Wow, I never knew.

Mind you, until @jonsie changed her profile picture, I didn't realise she was a woman lady, (see, I'm remembering your advice, Gerry :smileywink:).

Jonsie is a man..... (Well if I remember correctly) LOL

strange, they have no problem with my gender in Thailand....none of them Whistle LOLLOL

XX^XY? Now I am completely confused.

I'm not too sure myself now.....must ask Mauy what she thinks wink

Message 21 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

...and if we are going off avatars, @viridis is definitely as robot Bouncy

I really am a pair of binnoculars, by the way, that's not just an avatar.

Mind you as a teenager with long hair, I was mistaken for a woman a few times.  Caused a lot of embarrasement once for a jealous young lady who only saw me from behind and made a bitchy remark about my hairsticks almost poking her eye out when I turned my head, (liar, she was at least a metre behind me and well out of the danger zone).  When I turned to look at her and said that I was sorry, she suddenly became all, "Oh, it's OK, I was only joking, blah, blah", never expecting me to be a guy.

Message 22 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

....never expecting me to be a guy.

But "guy" is now an inclusive or indeterminate term  - I know that is true because our  Community Co-Ordinators frequently start their messages with a hearty "Hi guys!" and I'm sure they mean to address everyone   So with that in mind and your declared interest in nail polish we'll add 2 and 2 and get........@Anonymous?    Don't know

Message 23 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

....never expecting me to be a guy.

But "guy" is now an inclusive or indeterminate term  - I know that is true because our  Community Co-Ordinators frequently start their messages with a hearty "Hi guys!" and I'm sure they mean to address everyone   So with that in mind and your declared interest in nail polish we'll add 2 and 2 and get........@Anonymous?    Don't know

Errr, just to clarify, if there is really any doubt, I'm definitely genetically XY.  (And I like XX's Smiley Very Happy).

Message 24 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
 (And I like XX's Smiley Very Happy).

Is that an Australian beer that isn't quite up to the mark?

Message 25 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm happy to double things up an enjoy XXXX as well wink

Message 26 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm happy to double things up an enjoy XXXX as well wink

Smiley LOL You are obviously a man   guy of refined (or should that be brewed?) tastes!  Now, switch off and get on with some work!!! Destroy

Message 27 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gerry wrote:

Smiley LOL You are obviously a man   guy of refined (or should that be brewed?) tastes!  Now, switch off and get on with some work!!! Destroy

Oh have no doubt, I for one am a normal man, and pleased to be so!  Bouncy

As for work - what's that?  Is that how I earn money or something? Astounded

Message 28 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

As for work - what's that?  Is that how I earn money or something? Astounded

What's "money"?  Bouncy

Message 29 of 29