Did you mean: 

Extraterrestrial life & related series or movies

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone! I hope you had a lovely sunny weekend. slight_smile

I have just learned that today is World UFO Day, so I thought I'd start a conversation with 2 questions in mind:

• Do you believe in extraterrestrial life?
  • What's your favourite UFO/alien-related series or movies?

You probably know already if you're seen my posts before that I'm into Star Trek, but lately I've also been re-watching Stargate SG-1 from the beginning of the series. One of my all-time favourites! Another classic for me is the X-Files which I grew up with. I can finally use this quote below (one of my favourites) in relevant context LOL alien

Agent Colton: So, Mulder, what do you think? Does this look like the work of little green men?

Mulder: Grey.

Agent Colton: Excuse me?

Mulder: Grey. You said green men. A Reticulan's skin tone is actually grey. They're notorious for their extraction of terrestrial human livers. Due to iron depletion in the Reticulan galaxy.

Agent Colton: You can't be serious.

Mulder: Do you have any idea what liver and onions go for on Reticula?

Redbud Illinois April 23 1950

(Photo of a UFO sighting, from the World UFO Day website. Check it out here)

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Poppysmum
Level 19: Quirky
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

Hi everyone! I hope you had a lovely sunny weekend. slight_smile

I have just learned that today is World UFO Day, so I thought I'd start a conversation with 2 questions in mind:

• Do you believe in extraterrestrial life?
  • What's your favourite UFO/alien-related series or movies?

You probably know already if you're seen my posts before that I'm into Star Trek, but lately I've also been re-watching Stargate SG-1 from the beginning of the series. One of my all-time favourites! Another classic for me is the X-Files which I grew up with. I can finally use this quote below (one of my favourites) in relevant context LOL alien

Agent Colton: So, Mulder, what do you think? Does this look like the work of little green men?

Mulder: Grey.

Agent Colton: Excuse me?

Mulder: Grey. You said green men. A Reticulan's skin tone is actually grey. They're notorious for their extraction of terrestrial human livers. Due to iron depletion in the Reticulan galaxy.

Agent Colton: You can't be serious.

Mulder: Do you have any idea what liver and onions go for on Reticula?

Redbud Illinois April 23 1950

(Photo of a UFO sighting, from the World UFO Day website. Check it out here)

No i dont believe load rubbish and never watch anything to do with it .

Message 2 of 14

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Sorry but I do believe in alien life. I think we are a bit naive to think we are the only intelligent life forms in the whole of our universe. The universe is vast and I'm sure there are planets we've yet to discover. And there are other universes out there and who knows what planets and lifeforms are there.

Now I don't believe in little green men or grey (was a fan of X Files too) or even men as we know them. They could be energy, for example. But I do think there is intelligent life out there in our universe or another universe we know nothing about.

Was a fan of X Files, as said, and all the Star Trek series. Have seen most of the Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis series as well. If it has aliens in it I'm going to watch it 😊

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I've always kept an open mind about Extraterrestrial life. So I quite happily sit on the fence.

However, I will always watch series and films featuring anything to do with it. 

My favourite is obviously ET,  followed by any of the Alien series of films.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 14

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I forgot about films. Love ET and all the Alien, and Alien and Predator films. They all form part of my collection.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 5 of 14

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Today marks the anniversary of the Roswell 'incident' in 1947 in one of the biggest cover-ups ever. Still unexplained today despite the 30 year data release.

Seriously, with the size of the ever expanding universe, how can we have the gall to believe we are the only 'intelligent' species out there. Come on, aliens are out there but whether they choose to revisit this planet is debate able. We are not unique and there are infinitely,more intelligent people out there or maybe even amongst us.

Message 6 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

We are not unique and there are infinitely,more intelligent people out there or maybe even amongst us.

Funny you should say that @jonsie alienalienalien fearful

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 14

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 8 of 14

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35207 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Statically...?

Remember: Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics.

I reckon there's an awful lot we don't know that we don't know yet. Little (green or grey or red or...) creatures included. Possibly even transparent, ethereal ones.
Message 9 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@pgn wrote:
Statically...?

Remember: Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics.

I reckon there's an awful lot we don't know that we don't know yet. Little (green or grey or red or...) creatures included. Possibly even transparent, ethereal ones.

Mmmmmm...Poltergeist?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 14