Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Good news.  There are diseases that have been with us throughout the ages and it's only now that we are seeing positives ins that they can be treated or at least managed much better than other generations. Severe asthma is scary and life threatening.

Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

It is excellent news. Having seen patients with severe asthma admitted for hospital treatment.... hope it assists these.people. This is a disease which many non affected people often think 'Oh it's only asthma'. It can be life threatening in extreme circumstances..and life changing at best.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

It is excellent news. Having seen patients with severe asthma admitted for hospital treatment.... hope it assists these.people. This is a disease which many non affected people often think 'Oh it's only asthma'. It can be life threatening in extreme circumstances..and life changing at best.

thank you for posting @Bambino

@Cleoriff am I right in thinking children can have asthma ... I kinda remember a young schoolboy forgot / lost his inhaler & was told to wait outside the head's office in the corridor ... the young boy sufferred severely

What a thing to say ... = ... 'Oh its only asthma' ... some of my family have / had it for many years & use inhalers

Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi Jane. Latest info to hand. Currently 5.4 million people in the UK are being treated for asthma. Of those 1.1 million are children. .. 1 out of 11 children in the UK suffer with asthma and it is the most common long term condition in children.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Hi Jane. Latest info to hand. Currently 5.4 million people in the UK are being treated for asthma. Of those 1.1 million are children. .. 1 out of 11 children in the UK suffer with asthma and it is the most common long term condition in children.

So you reckon nearly 10% of the population suffers from asthma ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

So you reckon nearly 10% of the population suffers from asthma ?

I reckon nothing. I simply looked at the Asthma UK website for their stats. . Remember.. Asthma has many many stages and symptoms and degrees of severity. ...Not everyone is treated with inhalers. Some people will only need treatment once or twice. It depends on the type and cause of asthma in a particular individual

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

I suffer from asthma, although usually only when my hayfever is also bad. I always have an inhaler just in case even if the date on it runs out before it is finished.

The only other time is affects me is when I get a cold I normally end up with a chest infection too.

When I was younger it was far worse - ended up on a nebuliser several times, and even in hospital once.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 8