Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ever met anyone famous?

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK so this is a chance to boast by name-dropping famous, not-so-famous, or even infamous people you have met...

oh and why not also mention anone you would like to meet

I`ve met Macca, Linda McCartney and Stella Mc Cartney; George Harrison (ex-Beatles for those who dont know or remember); David Blaine; Kate Bush, singer song-writer, and she gave me a kiss; Seb Coe, runner, MP, and now a Lord; "Lord" Sutch, founder of the Raving Looney Party; Tonly Blackburn, DJ and winner of "I`m A Celebrity"; Gordon Banks, legendary goalkeeper.

I would loved to have met John Lennon and the Kennedies.

So over to you guys....

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
Mark Little, Australian actor/comedian.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've met Eric Pollard from Emmerdale and The Hairy Bikers.
Message 3 of 18

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Oh wow you guys have met some really interesting people @Mi-Amigo@anticpated and @Anonymous astonished I'd love to hear more on how you met them, if there's any funny story to share!

One time my flight from Edinburgh to London got cancelled, and in the British Airways queue to get put on a different flight I spotted Tom Hardy a few rows ahead of me. I don't know if that counts but it's all I can think of. sweat_smile 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 18

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@EmilieT

How I met Paul McCartney was quite amusing. He was with the band Wings and I found out where they were staying. So after the gig instead of hanging around the stage door went straight to the hotel where they were staying and waited. Linda with Stella, then only 3, came up without Paul and Stella said to me (very kid like) "Have you come to see my daddy? Coz he`s not talking to you". I burst out laughing and Linda, obviously embarassed, apologised and started chatting. Paul went into the hotel though the back doors and was in the foyer. Linda went and spoke to him and he pointed to me and beckoned me to the doors and told security to let me. So there I was chatting to Paul. I used to live near where he bought his dad a house, so we chatted about that rather than music. He and Linda were so nice and down to earth. Not a bit of the megastar. A truly great bloke.

And he signed an album with a unique cartoon drawing.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 5 of 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I've met...

Norman Wisdom, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Rhod Gilbert, Alex Higgins, Jimmy White, Ken Dodd,

Chas n Dave. Al Murray, Alan Clarke (Hollies) Dave Berry, Chris Farlowe, Gerry Marsden, Mickey Most (Rak Records) Gary Holton, Alvin Stardust, Billy Ocean, Freddie Starr, Jethro,Frank Carson, Jim Davidson, Larry Grayson, Jasper Carrott, Marty Wilde........ oh and Mick Jagger (1964 Locarno Ballroom, Coventry)

@viridis  HAS MET JOHNNY DEPP!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
@EmilieT

I Met Eric Pollard when he was here where I stay and was opening up a Life Insurance shop.

The Hairy Bikers were up cooking food at an Event in the town and they were sitting on their Motorbikes before they set off to leave.
Message 7 of 18

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
"met" is stretching it a bit with JD ..

However I did meet in the full sense of the word, and speak to for an extended time, Paul Daniels and Debbie mcgee back in 2005 where I also helped them buy a Christmas present for their grandson.
Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jeremy Guscott, Dean Cain, Helen Slater, Matthew Waterhouse, Sylvester McCoy, Ross Kemp, due to meet Boyce & Marlene from Only Fools & Horses next month & in June Brandon Routh, Sarah Douglas & Laura Vandervoort 

Message 9 of 18

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo 

Sounds like a really sweet and memorable encounter!

@Cleoriff

I know how much you'd love to meet Johnny Depp yourself so this callout to @viridis made me laugh a little bit. sweat_smile Actually I learned today that @Marjo once walked right passed him (Johnny Depp, not Viridis) once ... open_mouth

@Anonymous

That's awesome, I've had some Hairy Bikers books on my Amazon wishlist for some time, this kind of event would have definitely decided me to finally put an order through!

@viridis

That's such a lovely Christmas story. santa

@Anonymous

What a list Surprised

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 18