Did you mean: 

Europe's first underwater restaurant!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

Great news out of Norway this week for food and nature fans with the announcement that the first underwater restaurant in Europe is to be built! Named "Under", the restaurant will contain 3 levels, an entrance level, a bar and the main restaurant below. 

As you can see from the pictures it's an impressive proposal with a brilliant view of the Atlantic sea bed. The outside of the structure is designed to become part of the local ecosystem and will act as an artificial mussel reef. The structure is scheduled to be completed in 2019. 

What do you guys think of this idea? Would you want to eat there or have you already experienced dinner at an underwater venue? 

Full story here

uwr1.jpg

uwr2.jpg

uwr3.jpg

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems very fishy to me!

I would have to dress up to visit somewhere like this....shell suit, kipper tie, fishnet stockings and of course good shoes with a sole and eel!!!

Message 2 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

A fantastic setting for a restaurant and I would love to experience the food and atmosphere. 

I'm guessing it will be way out of my price range and possibly a haunt for celebs and wannabes. 

Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122922 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

It looks lovely but I'm not sure I would like being 'underwater'....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous Ha! That would totally be the dress code laughing

@jonsie I think it would be a unique dining experience! Most likely expensive though. 

@Cleoriff Yeah it could be a little unnerving knowing you had all that water over you flushed 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 6

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I'd love to experience it but I agree with @jonsie, very expensive and patronised by celebs who could afford the prices

Brilliant idea though and the views are going to be spectacular.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 6 of 6