Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of BST: Clocks go BACK

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123226 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Just a gentle reminder that this Sunday 27th Oct at 2am, British Summer time ends and the clocks go back an hour.

So we all get an extra hour in bed sleeping

Image result for Images of Clocks Back

I always remember this by saying....

"Spring Forward"(In Spring)

"Fall Back" (In Autumn)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

Cleoriff
  • 123226 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@ComaChameleon 

Yes that's what I mean. In the UK we have places called Agencies where Doctors, Paramedics, Physiotherapists, Radiographers, Nurses, etc etc can register for work. Then in times of crisis or staff shortage, the wards and depts in the NHS can ring the chosen agency and ask if they have the staff to cover certain shifts.

Agency staff are always paid a higher rate than NHS employed staff.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 41 of 44

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2208 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@ComaChameleon 

Yes that's what I mean. In the UK we have places called Agencies where Doctors, Paramedics, Physiotherapists, Radiographers, Nurses, etc etc can register for work. Then in times of crisis or staff shortage, the wards and depts in the NHS can ring the chosen agency and ask if they have the staff to cover certain shifts.

Agency staff are always paid a higher rate than NHS employed staff.

@Cleoriff 

On the downsite they don't have a fix job, right?

It's called "Zeitarbeit" (time work) here... People working there are often commiserated as it's the worst you can work for. 

Sometimes we book a paramedic on hire-a-medic too (like friday as I had an appointment and nobody wanted to step in, so my boss hired someone)

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 42 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 123226 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@ComaChameleon 

No they don't have a 'fixed' job as you say. It's not a permanent position within the NHS.

Though this suits a lot of people. You can work when its suits you and the pay is better.

For nurses in the UK there will always be a lot of agency work available.

In my case when I retired, I got fed up after 2 months. I didn't know what to do with my time. So I went to work a couple of nights in a care home. When that closed down I signed up with one agency only.

I could have worked every day or night if I wanted to. I just chose to work 2 nights a week in the same place (so I knew the routine and they knew me)

The hourly rate of pay was excellent. Particularly if you chose to work bank holidays. Lol x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 43 of 44

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2208 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Cleoriff 

Seems like it's nowhere a problem - just in Germany XD we don't like insecurity.

Netherlands do it the same (but they don't have a workless-agency by state as we do)

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 44 of 44