cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electronic cigarettes

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone use them? Has anyone tried them and gone back to smoking analogues? Has anyone used them and stopped smoking/vaping altogether?

Does anyone have any concerns about their use?

I was a smoker for 19 years until last year when I made the switch to e-cigarettes, specifically the cig-a-like type you can find in supermarkets such as Tesco. After a month of using both cigarettes and the e-cigs I moved over exclusively to e-cigs and haven't looked back. I have not smoked a cigarette for 12 months now and feel much better for it.

I can breath. I don't smell. My clothes don't smell.

I've now moved away from the cig-a-likes and have a proper setup with battery, tank and juice.

So, is anyone else on here a vaper?

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
Yes, I'm a vaper too.
I couldn't get on with e-cigs but since using the tank system I haven't looked back.
I had been smoking for 30 odd years so it was a massive step for me and my wallet is much happier too slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 39

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23132 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

I quit smoking over eight years ago. E-cigarettes weren't really around much then. I used the patch, which took the edge off, but it took a lot of willpower too, which I never thought I had. I haven't had a single cigarette since I stopped, but I have to admit I still miss it sometimes. If e-cigs had been more readily available, I might have tried them, but the jury is still out as to their safety, and whether they can help someone quit or not. They can't be any worse than real cigarettes, though, so I don't have any objection to anyone trying them.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Heya and good morning
I myself have never smoked but my cousins has been for the past 10 years he stopped and is using the e ciggarette and buys his e juice packs...
He said it was hard but his stopped smoking...
Message 4 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

I smoked for 5 years and gave up when my son was born....no patches or e-cigs just cold turkey.

Well done for not smoking for 12 months......its now 3 years for me!!

Message 5 of 39

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
The wife smoked for 15 years and was on 20 a day.
New years day 2013 she quit real cigs and moved to e-cigs.
She hasn't had a real cigarette since.
I can't get on with them. Wierd sensation in my throat.
Message 6 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

I have tried many times to give up. I have had hypnotherapy and acupuncture. I had a wake up call two years ago with a health scare. I should have persevered as the post anaesthetic taste in my mouth made real cigarettes taste awful

Tried e cigarettes then and they made me physically sick....Evil

I have made myself a promise that I WILL give up this New Year.

I have now reached the point where I actually want to give up...and therein lies my motivation..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 39

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
Den, get one of those Vivid starter kits from Asda for a tenner - You won't look back, promise slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Den, get one of those Vivid starter kits from Asda for a tenner - You won't look back, promise slight_smile

Now he tells me...I have just had an Asda order delivered this morning......Evil

......thanks though, will give them a try.:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 39

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23132 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Cleoriff You CAN quit. I smoked for more than 40 years. When I gave up I was smoking more than 40 a day. I never thought I'd be able to quit, but I did. If I can do it, anyone can, but you have to want to. Being in the medical profession you must know that the physical need for nicotine leaves your body after just 48 hours. After that it's just a mental thing. Being an ex-smoker I know what you're going through. Nicotine is as addictive as heroine, but you can kick it. Apart from anything else, I've literally saved tens of thousands of pounds since I quit. That ought to be an incentive in itself! wink

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 39