Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electronic cigarettes: Dangers

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

There has been a great deal of discussion about E-cigarettes in the past. I personally always felt some scientists were clamouring to find any reason why these were also harmful to health.... Recent research has shown that 3/4 of e-cigarettes contain a dangerous chemical called diacetyl which can cause bronchiolitis obliterans otherwise known as 'popcorn lung'

https://www.wddty.com/news/2015/12/just-like-normal-cigarettes-e-cigarettes-cause-lung-disease.html

However to add balance.... A study published in August 2015 by Public Health England, an executive branch of the United Kingdom Department of Health, showed e-cigarettes are approximately 95 percent safer than conventional cigarettes. 

https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2015/12/16/debate-over-e-cigarettes-helpful-tool-or-harmfu...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
seeing as they don't contain all the harmful chemicals eg tar etc, id imagine they're infinitly less harmful
Message 2 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
seeing as they don't contain all the harmful chemicals eg tar etc, id imagine they're infinitly less harmful

I would tend to agree with that. Particularly if people use them as an aid to giving up...and not a continued replacement...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 11

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Interesting news article, it seems like there is a desperate ploy to make as much news as they can about electronic cigarettes.
These pose the greatest risk to profits of the big brand cig companies,,, because they work and get many ppl off ciggies each year, probably far more than all the other methods added together.
Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Ain't that the truth!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

And then there is the story of my other half. Smoked since he was 12yrs old (I know) Rolleys...came with me to the doctors in June of this year. While he was in the waiting room he picked up a brochure on giving up smoking. He attended the GP clinic...took prescribed medication (Champix) and in 6 weeks had given up totally.

He has literally shocked everyone (himself included)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 11

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Just wait for them to be hit hard with additional tax, like ciggies. The gov kids on they want everyone to stop, but if everyone did there really would be a gapping hole in public funding.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 7 of 11

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
not meaning to hijack the thread, but how did you guys get the extra large pic round your name
Message 8 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Curr946 wrote:
not meaning to hijack the thread, but how did you guys get the extra large pic round your name

In your settings then go to social connect. It gives you the option to create a profile card...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 11

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

Ok cool, Ill have a look at that later. Thanks

Message 10 of 11