Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EU charges

Mmck52
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m disgusted at getting a phone bill that is 204.00 when I was in turkey in June. I’m struggling to pay it just now. O2 won’t take it off my account and after the different mobile companies sayed they wouldn’t charge. For exampl found this 

on martins money advice website 

In the report, Martin Lewis, founder of MoneySavingExpert.com, said: "I've no faith in mobile firms to self-regulate. When we left the EU, they promised not to reintroduce European roaming charges… yet most of the big networks have broken that promise. 

"So our report calls on Ofcom to not trust voluntary promises – we need to reintroduce the formal, compulsory consumer protections.

"And it's time too, to define time. We need to ban a daily roaming fee charged for use 'up to 11.59pm' without even mentioning in which time zone. Instead, we recommend all providers must define a roaming 'day' as a 24-hour period from first use, clearly explain that in the arrival text, and alert customers at least an hour before the daily charges end."

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Mmck52 

Your problem is that Turkey is not in EU so your argument is irrelevant.

Guide: Roaming in Turkey and Cyprus 

EU roaming is free with O2 (the only big network to offer this) and upto 25gb of data use per billing period.

https://www.o2.co.uk/eu-roaming

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2