Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Level 13: Prompter

Re: EE and Virgin Media Fined for overcharging

@Anonymous wrote:

I remember when they were Diamond Cable (in Notts) & they had a free number you could dial to request a video on their own music channel. Britney, Eminem & Shania Twain were channel favourites!

Oh yes, forgot that. The street man hole covers where we are still say "Diamond" on them grin

Anonymous

[ Edited ]

@dgilbert2 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I remember when they were Diamond Cable (in Notts) & they had a free number you could dial to request a video on their own music channel. Britney, Eminem & Shania Twain were channel favourites!

Oh yes, forgot that. The street man hole covers where we are still say "Diamond" on them grin

We still have lots round here. I might take a shot of one when i'm out and about. I had a friend in Tonbridge & they had 'BlueYonder' until 'ntl' took them over too! She still has her Blueyonder email account to this day!

Do you also remember cable TV from Redifusion, those lovely manual channel selector switches usually on the window sill cool

Level 15: Gaining a Reputation

I feel another PPI type scandal coming on!

Prepare for all the emails and dodgy texts everyone LOL

Thanks

Steve
Topics: 688

I was with NTL until Virgin took them over.

Seemed fine at the time, until their charges increased with no warning at all. It seemed we were paying ridiculous prices every time the bill arrived. It was always higher than the previous one. We threatened to leave unless they reverted to the price quoted.

Again ok for a while. Speeds were dropping and prices rose.

We left and went to BT.  Better service all round (for us)

*The Game Is On*

BT do get some stick, sometimes justified, but I would always select them over Virgin now. Better pricing and no speed capping at peak times.

Level 26: Upbeat

I have a long lasting hatred of BT @dgilbert2 They charged huge money for putting in a phone line, moving a phone, reconnecting a phone drawing blood for everything they could no one else to go to, quarterly charges, phone call charges huge. I vowed they will never get another penny from me directly, even if they were the best in uk😡

Sorry to hear that @TallTrees, what a nightmare! An example of justified criticism Jaw-dropping

Topics: 688

@TallTrees wrote:
I have a long lasting hatred of BT @dgilbert2 They charged huge money for putting in a phone line, moving a phone, reconnecting a phone drawing blood for everything they could no one else to go to, quarterly charges, phone call charges huge. I vowed they will never get another penny from me directly, even if they were the best in uk😡

All I can say is, it must be area dependant.

We have about 8 devices running off WiFi at any one given time in our house. 3 phones, 2 PC's, 1 tablet, a Wifi box and an XBox one. Obviously, we need good wifi to deal with that lot...

I really haven't had any issues with them at all.

*The Game Is On*

Level 26: Upbeat

Hi @Cleoriff
Before WiFi before internet!
They were God
BT have to fit in now..probably not bad now but I just can't like them..historic but still painful.