Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@TallTrees

I think you had a very bad experience with them and I feel for you.

I can only speak  about my personal dealings with them and mine has been very different.

Lucky I suppose...wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 48

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Once bitten twice shy dizzy

Message 32 of 48

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Have to stay positive @dgilbert2 otherwise might go nutsCrazy

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 33 of 48

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Most of the dealings I have had with PCW/Currys have been fine. Apart from one...
We had a new fridge freezer and cooker being delivered.
Day of delivery and the weather has not been great. Due to the size of the items they have to come across the front garden, meaning that they walked mud all through the house. When I asked about the plastic boot coverings they said they didn't have any so that was that.
They had to take the doors off the FF to get it through the door. As they went past the bush near the door they caught it putting a lot of leaves/small branches inside both parts.
While bringing it into the kitchen they dragged it across the 6 day old vinyl flooring causing tears and damaging the floor.
Unfortunately we did not notice this until they had left.
They also did not clean out the greenery from inside the FF - it was only when I was checking it all that I saw they had left it as it was.
Cue complaints being raised - we had to source 3 quotes to remove and replace both front room carpet and vinyl floor, multiple pictures of damage they caused to both floors and the state that the FF was in when they left.
It took nearly 3 months from delivery to getting an apology and compensation to be paid out. It stopped short of taking them to court though!!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 34 of 48

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@gmarkj

For heavy kitchen appliances I tend to use A.O online now.

Free delivery on certain days and the delivery staff have always been excellent. Fingers crossed.

We used Currys for the microwave I mentioned earlier, as they were the only ones who had it in stock. My husband went and collected it.

When the interior light blew within a few weeks, they changed it immediately with no questions asked.

(Having said that, when I called, you don't actually get Currys now. You speak to Team Knowhow) They make a record of your call and give advice which they then pass on to your local store.

I can imagine their communication to Currys. 'Hey we have had some madly furious woman on the phone about her Micro. Insisting she WILL NOT have it sent away as they use it daily...you better cough up with a new one ' joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 48

TallTrees
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Wow  @gmarkj~

Apology! Wow ~ Horrified  I didn't get that!

Very very well done for getting through that!  

That was a lot worse.  That would certainly get them on my list!

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 36 of 48

TallTrees
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Cor @Cleoriff  I should have tried that one ~ well done!

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 37 of 48

TallTrees
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

@Cleoriff

@gmarkj

I used Argos for a new washing machine June this year.  Great experience two very considerate

people (one a lady)  took old away put and fitted new ~ so considerate.

Argos  ~ great to deal with 

Lewis's ~ perfect to deal with

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 38 of 48

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Depending on where in the country you are @TallTrees, I might have worked where the washing machine came from... The drivers were very well drilled with what a good experience for the customer looked like, and how to provide it. There used to be regular feedback going to them and the manager to keep them on their toes.

The apology was strained and was just an email. The cheque turned up a few days later.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 39 of 48

TallTrees
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @gmarkj

Correct ~ training

(we all know things can go wrong ~ how to handle and manage it properly is essential)

Washing machine arrival and installation was smooth !   they phoned before arrival ~ on time ~ happy ~ careful made sure connections were working and tight put in new clip at the water outlet ~ started Washing Machine made sure it worked for me ~ took a video on their phone of machine working.  It was smooth and happy.

Yes I expect the apology was strained! even so I am surprised.

When I go to a shop nowadays I take note of the staff's attitude generally.

Good attitude comes from the very top of a business, bums up there = bums down there.

Very much the case in PCWorld.

Really glad you made them perform properly. 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 40 of 48