• 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
Message 2 of 48

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10760 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Reading that report that you put up @Bambino is horrendous, especially the person whose credit rating was affected.  Speaking from my own meagre experience ~ the unacceptable and high handed  behaviour of these Companies has a very debilitating affect in very many ways upon the person involved.

Thanks for bringing this into focus here. ~ TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 48

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Absolutely great result for consumers.  I've experienced these issues with Virgin when I moved home a few years ago. 

I moved to an area where Virgin were unable to offer me any of their services, and then they tried to charge me a fortune for terminating the contract early. I explained to them that I did not want to leave Virgin Media, but had no choice as it was not my fault they are unable to offer me their services in my new home. 

In the end they yielded and I was able to close my contract without any additional charges other than my current month.

It wasn't until over 3 years later before they even installed their equipment in my new area, despite the houses literally across the road having had Virgin Media for years.  Too late for me. I'm with Sky now and don't plan on changing any time soon.

Thanks

Steve
Message 4 of 48

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

I've got an ongoing problem with Virgin media at the moment . Three weeks now and the idiots in the call centre just won't listen. If I hear them say they will monitor it for a few more days, I swear I will be doing some serious damage to someone.

Message 5 of 48

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Fantastic news. It's about time mobile companies were brought to book for their sharp practices. To be charged anything when you're forced to end your contracf because you are moving to an area not covered by your current provider is criminal. They deserve their fines and well done Offcom.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 6 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

So how do we know who is owed & how much? I don't suppose for one minute they're going to chase everybody up who has moved provider, number & house..

Message 7 of 48

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10760 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

I agree @Anonymous 

These hefty fines are good but never hear about the person who has paid up after being threatened. Where do these fines go? 

Reading article consumers involved in that particular event have not had compensation. anguished

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 8 of 48

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

I can remember when Virgin were "ntl". Seems they are not a learning organisation rage

Swore I would never go back, glad I didn't!

Message 9 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dgilbert2 wrote:

I can remember when Virgin were "ntl". Seems they are not a learning organisation rage

Swore I would never go back, glad I didn't!

I remember when they were Diamond Cable (in Notts) & they had a free number you could dial to request a video on their own music channel. Britney, Eminem & Shania Twain were channel favourites!

Message 10 of 48