Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Topics: 247

Re: EE 4G launch

@adamtemp64 wrote:

Answer is now as a trial in central london lol

O2 are good at trials, aren't they?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Topics: 547

If it's anything like the trial for O2 Connect it's probably 12 months away.

Anonymous

From the conversation I had with an O2 tech help person the other week O2 are holding as much money back as possible ready to bid in the 4G auction, this is why O2 isnt offering piggy backed BT fibre optic home broadband, they wont release the money for it.

Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

From the conversation I had with an O2 tech help person the other week O2 are holding as much money back as possible ready to bid in the 4G auction, this is why O2 isnt offering piggy backed BT fibre optic home broadband, they wont release the money for it.

I'm sure that's wrong.

Depending on who tells the story, O2 spend between £1million and £1.5million each and every day on infrastructure improvements. Smiley Indifferent

Topics: 127
Blog Posts: 1

Hands up here who has a 4G capable handset? (And that doesn't include iPhone either).

Leave your candy-colored cans in the toy chest and try a pair of proper headphones.

On a sidenote, I did receive a HSPA+ signal whilst in Edinburgh which means they must be experimenting with faster speeds.

Leave your candy-colored cans in the toy chest and try a pair of proper headphones.
Topics: 247

@anticpated wrote:

Hands up here who has a 4G capable handset? (And that doesn't include iPhone either).

I'm waiting for the squeals from those buying phones now only to find out that they won't work on 4G.

I also think there will be premium tariffs for this service only.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

I don't think even if you imported an expensive 4G capable handset from the States it would work. :mantongue:

Anonymous

I think I'm the only person not bothered about 4G. When I'm out an about its rare that I'm not connected to HSPDA and thats fast enough for what I use my phone for.

If I had a tablet PC that I use out and about then perhaps it would be a different story.
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:
I think I'm the only person not bothered about 4G.

No you're not !