Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynasties

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Has anyone been watching this marvellous BBC nature programme hosted by the one and only Sir David Attenborough?

It is a follow on from Planet Earth 1 and 11.

Dynasties.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06mybwy

It's a one hour programme over 5 episodes.

Five extraordinary animals, battling rivals and the forces of nature for the future of their families.

If you love wildlife you will enjoy this.

It's emotional, brutal and often heartwarming to watch.

Beautiful stunning photography, which we have all come to expect with all Attenborough programmes

Also ends with Sir David telling us how long each episode took to film. Nearly 3 years for the chimpanzee episode. It shows you the camera men and women and their struggles to get the perfect shot.

The final words are from the great man himself. Talking about the loss of the environment for these animals. With the chimps it's due to gold mining in Senegal. The numbers of chimpanzees in this region has been decimated to 200.

If you love David Attenborough, wildlife and care for the environment, this is a must watch series...heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

You won't be disappointed @dgilbert2

Even if you have 'taped'  them...tongue_winking

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 37

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Excellent, will make a nice change over Xmas grin

@Cleoriff wrote:

You won't be disappointed @dgilbert2

Even if you have 'taped'  them...tongue_winking

Message 22 of 37

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7228 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
@Cleoriff watched the painted wolves one enjoyed it slight_smile
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 23 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@blissgirl

Yes it was excellent.

There's one theme that runs through all episodes in this series though and that's tragedy.

Although I know it's nature and survival of the fittest/strongest etc, it does make it very hard to watch.

I wouldn't miss it at all, but I couldn't binge watch the whole series. It's far too emotional.

With the Painted wolf episode we did see one of those pups taken by a hyena..and the matriach Tait died. Though the two packs came together at the end.

Always a great message about conservation at the end though....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 37

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7228 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
@Cleoriff very true slight_smile
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 25 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

The final episode in this wonderful series was tonight. It featured the Tiger Dynasty

Raj Bhera a tigress, who has just had 4 cubs she needed to raise. Another animal in competition with her eldest daughter Solo.... who wants to move into her mother's territory.

First attempt unsuccesful

The 4 cubs were fine and being raised until the smallest female wandered off and was never seen again.

Raj Bhera desperate for food wandered too close to herdmen with cattle. Luckily the Tiger conservation team were nearby. They darted her and after a day she was released back to be reunited with her remaining family. 

Again the conservation message from Sir David.

Tigers in the wild once numbered 100,000. Now they have decreased to 4000.

The one thing we didn't see and I have just found out from the BBC Dynasty website, the filming was finished in 2017. Sadly by June 2018, Raj Bhera was dead. Killed in a fight with another tiger...So sad.cry

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06t5m8p

Already, viewers posting on Twitter, are demanding another series.

I hope so. This has been superb. Brutal at times, a roller coaster of emotions but brilliant.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just hope someone sticks it somewhere I can watch it.. sounds like I've missed another SDA classic. 😥
Message 27 of 37

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

This series has been really good television, much better than what passes as 'entertainment' and although very sad at times, it's great to see these magnificent big cats in their natural environment. Nature has it's own cruel, yet wonderful, way of balancing things out. It's only the intervention and meddling of the cruelest beast of all, the human beast, that threatens the very existence of all other species of wildlife

Message 28 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I just hope someone sticks it somewhere I can watch it.. sounds like I've missed another SDA classic. 😥

It will be on Catch up if you have a TV @Anonymous or BBC iPlayer.

I have seen some episodes on You Tube as well...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't have a tv licence so catch up is out of the window, so I'll trawl you tube. Appreciate the tip!

Message 30 of 37