Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driving in Europe after Brexit

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Things might get a little complicated....

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47459859

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Skyhawk1010 wrote:

Another thing is that the whole matter has caused terrible division, arguments and to be blunt hatred. 

This is something we totally agree on @Skyhawk1010 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 27

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
We might be one of the top contributors, but only a fool would completely ignore the benefits that come with the EU membership.
Pretty much everything we import will now go up thanks to import duty, something we avoid at the moment. This isn't just cars and expensive goods, it's everything from clothing to food items like potatoes and fruits, I can already hear the cries of "buy British" all very good, but farmers have been declining growing for a decade now, with EU subsidy now gone, why would they grow more when agricultural oil is fetching high prices.
Likewise manufactured goods are pretty much dead in UK, hard to grasp, but we don't make much nowadays, but we do import a lot.
The EU might lose their lump sums, but they can easily claw it back.
Message 22 of 27

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35802 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Cutting our noses off to spite our faces, @viridis.

I do hope we catch ourselves on, not much time left... Shocked

Message 23 of 27

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

music Oh Theresa May

She lost again today

Her deal`s all but no more

The MPs guilty found her

Of conning, the bounder,

And want her gone, for sure music

[to the tune "Dirty Maggy May"]

In case you are wondering, if there`s an election, I`m voting Monster Raving Looney Party

oh hang on a minute, they already form the present government.....

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 24 of 27

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

It's called being up [Removed] creek without a paddle. Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 27

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35802 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

And now they all b*gger off on holiday, the lazy toads. Rolleys

Message 26 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

*Ahem* ... I am a fully paid up member of The Official Monster Raving Looney Party*

Got the t-shirt ... & ... the certificate ... & ... loadsa badges ... & ... a credit sized membership card which is kept in the wallet section of my pink, glitzy purse smiling

It would be totally inappropriate for me to divulge my Looney name ... it's very female / very poshe sounding = I have even given myself a title, omg / pmsl /JHC hetcetera et al LOL

The big black baggy t-shirt with yellow printing on, I wear with black leggins, full-length or cropped

Words on t-shirt front include ... VOTE MONSTER RAVING LOONEY PARTY - YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE + the party's logo

On the back it says ... DON'T BLAME ME I VOTED LOONEY ... ... ... it gets some wonderful expressions upon people's faces = those I know & visitors at my favouite watering hole in Skipton ... It's good fun & All Done in the Best Possible Taste Bouncy

PS: I don't drive - but it was a no-brainer for me to vote REMAIN just as I voted to go into the EEC when I was 18, my 1st ever vote 

Agree with lots of what has been posted already on this thread particularly @viridis @pgn @Skyhawk1010 @Cleoriff 

Message 27 of 27