Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doctor Who

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Just a reminder to any Doctor Who fans in the community, the new series, with the new female Doctor, starts tonight at 6:45pm on BBC1.

I will be watching out of curiousity to see how a female Doctor will work and because Bradley Walsh is meant to be a companion.

It'll be interesting to hear what fans think of the new Doctor.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I’m looking forward to seeing how she gets out of that situation without being splat
Message 2 of 11

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Well I'm not impressed so far. All I keep thinking of is Dr Who has regenerated as Vicky Pollard. 

Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
It was ok, she’s a good first impression but they didn’t really resolve the fall & where is the Tardis, a big part of the show, it was the continuity fail for me
Message 4 of 11

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Well I must say I do like the new female Doctor. Didn't think I would but I did. Enjoyed the episode as well. Think I'll be back to following Doctor Who again. At least, for the moment.

And the resolution of the falls (there are 3 others floating with the Doctor) and where's the Tardis are meant to be cliff hangers to keep people watching next week @Anonymous. All will be revealed then. Or should be joy

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Glory1 I meant the resolution of the Doctor falling out of the Tardis, she literally just appeared in the train, we don’t see the rest of the fall or how she survived it

Message 6 of 11

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Glory1 I meant the resolution of the Doctor falling out of the Tardis, she literally just appeared in the train, we don’t see the rest of the fall or how she survived it

Ah, got it. Sorry, I thought you were talking about them hanging/falling in space when she tried to reunite with the Tardis.

I agree her appearance suddenly on the train with the Tardis nowhere in sight was a bit strange and confusing. A bit more clarity on what happened and how she appeared in the train, as if by magic, would have been helpful and rounded out the episode.

Message 7 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Too early to tell in all honesty. I found it watchable but more out of curiosity than anything. Hope it imroves but really, a little more imagination (or budget) on the part of the bad guys. I found all the stomping around a very pale imitation of Ironman! I was half expecting (hoping!) Robert Downey Jr to make an appearance. Taking teeth as a trophy? What happens if they come up against a real alien like ET? All a little toothless if you pardon the pun.

Message 8 of 11

Harrysmum2008
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 50 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I stopped watching after David Tennant left.  I watched a couple of Matt Smith episodes but wasn't keen.

I'm still mentally scarred after watching the Weeping Angels episodes, they terrified me!  That and the Empty Child (with the gas masks) with Christopher Eccleston as the Dr.

Formerly Traceyjs1975!
Message 9 of 11

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Harrysmum2008 wrote:

I stopped watching after David Tennant left.  I watched a couple of Matt Smith episodes but wasn't keen.

I'm still mentally scarred after watching the Weeping Angels episodes, they terrified me!  That and the Empty Child (with the gas masks) with Christopher Eccleston as the Dr.

I started watching Dr Who when it was rebooted and Christopher Eccleston was The Doctor. Hadn't been a fan before then. I carried on when David Tennant took over - my favourite Doctor.

Didn't like Matt Smith at all. Peter Capaldi was totally mad as The Doctor, also not my cup of tea.

The new, female, Doctor shows promise so I'll carry on watching for the moment. And I love Bradley Walsh.

Message 10 of 11