Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Highlighted
Community Manager

Do you stay home or travel for Christmas?

AdventCalendar.png

Hi all!

Do you normally stay home for the holiday period and Christmas time, or travel somewhere either within your home country or abroad? Smiley Happy

I used to travel back to Finland for Christmas each year in the beginning when I first moved here over 10 years ago, but in the past few years haven't done so anymore. I prefer to spend my holiday at home now, perhaps visit a few friends locally, and relax. 

If you don't tend to stay at home over the holiday period, where do you normally spend it? What's the best location you've visited for Christmas? santa

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? See if the My O2 how-to guide will help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Highlighted
Topics: 747

Re: Do you stay home or travel for Christmas?

Hi @Marjo

Until we had children we went to my Mum for Christmas. Once the lads were born, we stayed home. (I always thought it was weird to gve your children Christmas presents and expect them to leave them at home whilst going off visiting. (Personal opinion only)

Everyone came to us. We had a houseful.

As the lads and we got older, we either celebrated Christmas on the Day or depending if/when I was working (It sometimes it would be Boxing day)

Now I don't cook a Christmas meal at all. We book to go out somewhere wink

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Topics: 83

Few years ago we took the kids to Disneyland Paris on boxing Day until after New year's, that was pretty cool.

Highlighted
Topics: 574

For the first time in years I will be spending Christmas Day at my son's and get to spend some quality time with the boys. Last Christmas I had just been discharged from hospital but the previous 5 years were spent in Thailand. I enjoyed being there because there are no tv adverts and Christmas is literally just the 25th (in the bars!)

Highlighted

So pleased to hear you will be at your sons for Christmas@jonsie

Also lovely that you will also be spending time with your grandkids. . Hug

*The Game Is On*

Highlighted
Anonymous

I'm always out on the bike, knee permitting.. it'll be the same this year!
Highlighted
Topics: 271

I have stayed home for twenty years or more smiling

When married we visited one parents Christmas Day then the other parents Boxing Day

I remember a particular wonderful Christmas Day when all the family came to us, we lived in York

Lovely to hear of your Christmas plans for this year @jonsie santa

*possum si vollo* *per ardua ad astra*

I don't work for O2
Xperia L1 - The Android Army Marches Onwards
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry
Highlighted
Level 3: Thinker

Genuinely interested - is there many restaurants open on Christmas Day? I always presumed there isn’t.
Highlighted

@mahj wrote:
Genuinely interested - is there many restaurants open on Christmas Day? I always presumed there isn’t.

Yes this is the best time of year for them. We are going out Christmas and Boxing day for meals

*The Game Is On*

Highlighted
Level 17: Luminescent

I'm always at home on christmas morning.  We have eaten out or done dinner as a family at one of the houses over the years, but all local.  My family all live in Wales but I tend to do that visiting pre-xmas

Thanks

Steve