Did you mean: 

Do you get your news from social media?

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone,

According to a recent Ofcom report, nearly half of UK adults now keep up to date on the news via social media. Whilst TV remains the primary source of news for most people the number of those who get at least some of their news from social media has increased to 49% up from 44% last year. 

Stories shared by news organisations, trending news and stories shared by friends and family are the primary ways people consume news on social media and people are more likely to interact with a story by commenting and sharing when it's on social media. 

Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 11.14.59.png

It would be great to hear how you get your news! What's your preferred method of keeping up with the news? Do you only have one source like TV or do you use different sources like newspapers?  

Do you follow any news organisations on social media or do you prefer to go directly to their website or other channels? 

Lastly what do you think the future of news will be, do you think more traditional sources like print will disappear in the near future and if so what will replace it?  

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Yes @Martin-O2 that's exactly it....If it's important 'breaking news', I get notifications from Sky and BBC.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 13

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for clarifying @Cleoriff ! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 13

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2206 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

On some days I don't watch a minute of tv...But I keep up to date with Facebook (following news-pages) aswell as the Tagesschau-App (most important news programme in Germany by ARD - comparable to BBC) sending the important news as push...

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 13 of 13