Did you mean: 

Disney+ - Marvel movies

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

With such a great selection of Marvel movies on Disney+ I've started rewatching some of the earlier movies, starting with the film that kicked the whole cinematic universe off, Iron Man. 

I've decided to rewatch all of the Marvel movies in order which has got me thinking what is the best order to watch them in? Should I watch them in order they were released in the cinema or should I watch them in chronological as they are set in-universe which would mix it up a bit. thinking

Let me know what you think I should do in the comments below and if you've been rewatching any of the Marvel movies on Disney+ ! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Iron Man is the only one I’ve watched & I wasn’t impressed, so I’ve not bothered with the rest.
I’ve caught the last 10 minutes of Deadpool god know how many times and had a bit of a chuckle but again it doesn’t make me want to watch it all!

If I was to watch one @Martin-O2 @which one would you recommend to get me into the franchise?

Message 3 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
I would say either Guardians of the Galaxy or Ant-Man @Anonymous.
Both take themselves less seriously than the others so might be easier to get into.
Captain America is also a good one with a more serious tone...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 8

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Good call @jonsie! There's a list of the Chronological order online so I think I'll follow that. cool

@Anonymous 100% Agree with @gmarkj on the recommendations. Both Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man can be watched as stand alone films and are fun movies! 

Aside from the big final 2 films I'd say my favourite is Captain America: The Winter Soldier which you should enjoy but you might get a bit lost as it does reference the wider cinematic universe more then Guardians of the Galaxy or Ant-Man. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I might see if I can find a dvd at a car boot when I get a chance.. Thanks for the hints!
Message 6 of 8

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

You'll have to report back once you've seen one @Anonymous wink

signature

Message 7 of 8

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Guardians of the Galaxy, Antman and their sequels are great fun to watch over and over. Ironman, well the first one is good but 2 & 3 are just repeats. Captain America is good value as is Thor but avoid Captain Marvel/Black Panther are on the forgettable side and you won't be missing anything in the arc.

I'd agree with Jonsie: watch them chronologically and more importantly watch the end credits cool

Message 8 of 8