Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depression

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

There has been so much published about this and it's something people who don't suffer or have never suffered from depression,  cannot really understand. Speaking as someone who has been on the edge many times, recently too, it's something people can hide with a smile outwardly whilst feeling inner turmoil and not wanting friends and family to worry.

Medication alone is not the answer and this from someone who was prescribed the wonder drug Prozac  in the late 80s. Over the years my doctors have treated me as a guinea pig. In the words of the Verve song, the drugs don't work, they just make you worse....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/12126146/Antidepressants-can-raise-the-risk-of-suicide-b...

Antidepressants can raise the risk of suicide, biggest ever review finds Antidepressant use doubles the risk of suicide in under 18s and the risks to adults may have been seriously underestimated, researchers found

Antidepressants were found to double the risk of suicide in under 18s

Antidepressants were found to double the risk of suicide in under 18s

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's good to reach out for help @liggerz87  because too many of us don't. I'm sure everyone here will do their best to share with you.

Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@liggerz87 wrote:
I know this post is old do we have a thread were we can all help one another as I feel I'm in a bad place I'll go more into detail if need be thank you

Hello @liggerz87 

Sorry to hear that you feel you are in a bad place

the community is a place for friends to help each other

I am a good listener if you wish to pm me that will be fine

Hope you feel better soonest

Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Morning @liggerz87 

How are you ?

Hope you're feeling a bit better soonest 

We're all a large family here on the community liggerz87 ... & ... help each other

Wishing you a good day 

Image result for images for get well soon

Message 13 of 18

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Thank you everyone I just weekend back like I ignored everything for a few days I didn't engage with anyone unless I had like my flat mate I couldn't just ignore him haha 8v had a few days to stu if you now what I mean I'm really great full everyone is here for one another and thank you
Message 14 of 18

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad to know you're feeling a little bit better @liggerz87 rainbow

Just to say ... many times the good people on here have helped me liggerz87 ... sometimes, when I didn't realise I was unwell wink

Wishing you a good weekend

Wispa xx Cat

Message 16 of 18

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35224 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Thought you'd gone off-piste, dropped-off-the-radar,  for a while there, @liggerz87.

Good to see you back on-screen wink

Message 17 of 18

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
I'm on the forum everyday I just don't sign in lol maybe I should
Message 18 of 18