Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Sims

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Can anyone (maybe @Anonymous ?) confirm if the tariffs listed here are payg and that you can top up as and when and not required to do it regularly please?

Also, can they be used in dongles?

Just wanting a sanity check on O2's logic, thanks.......

oneoff.PNG

From here: http://www.o2.co.uk/tablet-sims

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Interesting question and one which many of us will be interested in with the launch of the wingles.

Message 2 of 43

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Interesting question and one which many of us will be interested in with the launch of the wingles.

It is interesting...

Though I have to ask...what the hell is a wingle? Can they not think of better names. we have dongles and wingles....very confusing to me...Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 43

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I think a wingle is a wifi dongle, but it could be wrong wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 43

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I think a wingle is a wifi dongle, but it could be wrong wink

Ah that makes sense. Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

well boys, first of all ,thanks for the work out! As I've mentioned before I'm contracts not pay and go and this requiring a bit of digging... managed to get some info on these but not quite what we are after...

I'm waiting on a manager from pre pay to let me know though.... just though I would let you know slight_smile

1. O2 Simplicity for Tablets and O2 Simplicity for iPad customers.

O2 Mobile Broadband Pay & Go - non recurring (top-up)

1. O2 Mobile Broadband Pay & Go access is available to purchase either on a daily or monthly basis.
  2. Connection to O2 Mobile Broadband Pay & Go is subject to status and agreeing to the terms of the Pay & Go O2 Airtime Contract.
  3. Your O2 Mobile Broadband access will expire: after your data allowance is used up, if this is used up before the time period expires or when the time period expires, whichever is sooner. Some offers (like Starter Kits) include longer expiry periods, if this is the case, you will be told at the time you purchase by staff, our website or on the packaging of the sim pack. Option available to sign up to recurring monthly payment plan.
  4. There is a maximum of 12GB of access allowed on any one sim card at any time. You will not be able to top up to a value of more than 12GB at any time on these tariffs.
  5. If your next top-up would take your data allowance over the 12GB limit then the top-up will take your data allowance up to the maximum of 12GB. For the avoidance of doubt the maximum data allowance you can have is 12GB irrespective of your top-up.
  6. Data will only rollover (up to a max of 12GB) if another 30-day bundle is purchased before the data expiry date. Data will only continue to rollover if the account is topped up every 30 days.
  7. There is a spend limit that is imposed at both a daily and monthly level.
  8. Access can only be purchased using your credit/debit card. Payment can be made using Visa, Visa Debit, MasterCard and American Express* (*with the exception of iPad customers). This clause supersedes any contradictory term in the O2 Pay & Go airtime agreement.
Message 6 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

Can anyone (maybe @Anonymous ?) confirm if the tariffs listed here are payg and that you can top up as and when and not required to do it regularly please?

Also, can they be used in dongles?

Just wanting a sanity check on O2's logic, thanks.......

oneoff.PNG

From here: http://www.o2.co.uk/tablet-sims

can I just clarify it's not the 30 days/90 days that you don't understand but how long in between top ups are you allowed to be...? Is that right?

Message 7 of 43

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yeah, I mean can I top up and have say 5gb for 90 days then leave it a few months before I top up again and can I use the sim in a wingle wongle whatever it's called these days slight_smile ?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well don't know about those but they work with dongles wink

That's what I though u meant... and currently under investigation !Surprised

Message 9 of 43

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Cheers slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 10 of 43