cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Danny Boyle quits as Director of Bond 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

https://news.sky.com/story/danny-boyle-quits-as-director-of-next-james-bond-film-11478618

Citing 'creative differences'

Always seemed a bit of a strange choice but I imagine he didn't like being told what to do but if you are selected to direct a Bond film I think it comes with the territory.

Michael G Wilson and Barbara Broccoli are the real Directors, as was Albert 'Cubby' Broccoli before them.

As they've kept it going and profitable since 1962 they must be doing something right.....

Those are films I have to see first at the cinema.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Anonymous I would very much like to see Idris Elba as the next Bond. I think he'd be excellent. As for his accent, as he did an amazing American accent I think he could manage a posh British accent without much of a problem.

Jason Statham is just not who I see as Bond. I'm not a big fan of the man to be honest.

To be fair it could be Bond has run it's course which since it's been going since the 60s wouldn't be a total surprise. 

My favourite Bond will always be Sean Connery. No one, not even Daniel Craig or Idris Elba can top him in my book. His were possibly the best of all the Bond films. They had humour as well as action. Unlike the Roger Moore era which became a farce. 

I should add I was a big Roger Moore fan since I was a teenager and first saw him in Maverick on TV. But love him though I did he was no actor.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 11 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

Too late to edit my post but the Roger Moore tv series was of course Ivanhoe.

Message 12 of 16

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
And don't forget The Saint @jonsie. Loved him in that. And loved Ivanhoe as well.

And then there was Richard Greene as Robin Hood and William Russell as Sir Lancelot. Oh boy, I'm really going back to my youth 🤣

Message 13 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:
And don't forget The Saint @jonsie. Loved him in that. And loved Ivanhoe as well.

And then there was Richard Greene as Robin Hood and William Russell as Sir Lancelot. Oh boy, I'm really going back to my youth 🤣

Yep, loved them all Fantastic

Message 14 of 16

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Yes @jonsie that was the time of great telly and a lot fewer TV channels. Though living in New York at the time I had more than the UK. We had 6 channels to choose from as opposed to your 2/3 depending on your telly.

Now we have 100s of channels but little great TV.

And we have gone way off topic. Sorry @Anonymous 🙄

Message 15 of 16

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12054 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1123 Solutions
I would agree that Skyfall was a much better film than Spectre.
Idris could pull off the role of Bond - you just have to watch Luther to see him do it on the smaller screen.
I also don't think that Benedict would be a good bond. Tom H could do it, but would he? I think it would depend on the script and the offer he gets.
Not sure who they would go for next. They will probably go for a smaller name who hasn't done anything big - a bit like John Boyega and Daisy Ridley before Star Wars.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 16 of 16