Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dancing on (thin) ice 2020

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

So its back without the legendary Jason Gardener for 2020. And you can see why he's made the decision to leave because this season's celebs well, lets say they make Gemma Collins almost acceptable as a celeb. 

If you dare, click on the link to see why they've spent all their money on the light shows and Holly Willoughy's dresses: is there a bottom of the barrel?

Anybody up for a cat video review thread whilst its on?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I shall be watching it. Sad to see Jason go as he was the biggest pantomime villain of all time.

John Barrowman will be far too bland!!

Plenty of controversy about Michael Barrymore (even though he was never found guilty 'as charged')

I'm looking forward to seeing how Perri Kiely gets on. Even though the usual cries of 'Oh he's a dancer in Diversity so should be good'....utter rubbish of course.

I always look forward to this ...so will give it a whirl before I start watching cat videos @sheepdog joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sheepdog wrote:

So its back without the legendary Jason Gardener for 2020. And you can see why he's made the decision to leave because this season's celebs well, lets say they make Gemma Collins almost acceptable as a celeb. 

If you dare, click on the link to see why they've spent all their money on the light shows and Holly Willoughy's dresses: is there a bottom of the barrel?

Anybody up for a cat video review thread whilst its on?

Always up for a cat video @sheepdog wink

Thank you for this thread 

I like John Barrowman ... remember him as a judge on finding an actress / singer to take the female lead in Oliver the musical ... is it Nancy ... some time ago now ... it'll be interesting to see how he plays it as a judge ... have read part of his biography & fictional books written with his sister 

Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I propose an improvement.

Dancing on ice gunge tank edition.

Celebrity contestants with very big egos skate on wafer thin ice over a gunge tank, will they survive or will they get dunked?

C'mon, you know you want to see that.

Message 4 of 11

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

They'd need to be juggling cats though. 

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sheepdog wrote:

They'd need to be juggling cats though. 

@sheepdog 

Genius! I'd not thought of that.

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

laughing LOL Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So Dancing On Ice has beaten SCD to it.

Whilst the good old BBC are still not convinced (brave) enough to allow same sex couples on the dancefloor, then ITV are.

H from Steps will be partnered by Matt Evers (Gemma Collins partner last year)

It's a controversial concept, though I will have to watch to see how it works.

It will be interesting to see how the the romantic numbers are skated.

I haven't got a homophobic bone in my body, though get the feeling ITV and DOI have decided this will be a ratings raiser.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

If the celebs this year won't kill the show, the same-sex coupling will kill the ratings. It will be incredibly dull as there isn't that dynamic and how are they going to judge it fairly when the rest of z-listers are male/female who execute routines and techniques differently. Gopher will be dropping innuendo's to suggest otherwise making it tacky and cringeworthy.

Then again, the public voters will just vote on the personality rather than the artistry and ability so why bother debating it!

Message 10 of 11