Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dancing on ice 2019

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Since a thread hasn't been started yet....the contestants lined up for Dancing on Ice have been revealed during the last days. You might have missed with the ever so exciting Conservative Party Conference taking all the headlines but if you're like me, you probably don't care either.

Anyway:

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/20**Personal info**/dancing-on-ice-2019-contestants-line-up-rumou...

(replace personal info with 20**Personal info**)

So next year you get to witness:

Gemma Collins: some sort of reality show regular who's claim to fame is being on a contrived reality show. so claiming the Z-lister status of the show. Quote "I don’t know how they’re going to lift me up and how fast I can move around the ice, but I really want to give it a go!". Somehow I don't think thats going to happen. 

Richard Blackwood: another celeb looking to remain on TV after leaving Eastenders. Apparently has played the role of Donkey in Shrek the musical

James Jordan: yes, the Mr Bad Attitude from Strictly has found a job! Big advantage but lets face it, everyone is only going to tune in to see him fall and fail. Then there's the potential showdowns with Jason adding to the tension....

Brian McFadden: has he got some book or record deal coming out soon? At least his appearance fee will cover his drving fine

Saira Khan: runner up of the Apprentice series one and probably its best success. I'll expect her to work hard and do very well as that's her nature.

Ryan Sidebottom: Cricketer apparently. Looks rather like Sean Walsh currently on Strictly so maybe nobody will notice if they swap....

Melody Thornton: another Pussycat Doll. Is there some sort of backstage agreement that there must be at least one PCD member on UK TV at any given time?

Joe Mangle Mark Little : Ah the ever popular Mark is back on UK TV. Serious rival to Todd Carty's legacy of comedy. Will he be better that Cheryl Baker from last year? We'll find out soon enough.

Jane Danson: Token Coronation Street entry. Cue lots of former Coronation Street videos wishing her good luck every single week and lets try not be surprised when they partner her with Dan Whiston (he's being creative director so may not be skating).

Obviously we'll be getting the obligatory Love Island entry at some point...

Apparently they've brought back Karen Barber as Head Coach so with James Jordan and Jason Gardiner involved this might be worth watching. Sadly ITV are sticking with The Gopher and Wannabe but who will they get for the commentator? 

Message 1 of 455
454 REPLIES 454

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Good Melody has been saved as it should be. Couldn't see Ryan being saved again, particularly against Melody. Still don't understand how Brian made it through.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 321 of 455

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

Good Melody has been saved as it should be. Couldn't see Ryan being saved again, particularly against Melody. Still don't understand how Brian made it through.

Hopefully Brian will be gone next week. Certainly not up to the standard of the others...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 322 of 455

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

So basically Wes left everyone else behind considerably tonight bar James who almost matched him. But Wes would still be the top man tonight. 

Everyone else, meh. Brian is only being saved by his fanbase now. Was disappointed in Melody's first skate though obviously would have been saved over the Jane & Ryan regardless (said in our house right at the start they'd be the two to go). Though Melody got away with doing zero solo skating. 

Are we due a mediocre music act next week? This week's syncro skate team and last week's couple were great so wonder if DOI is going to sustain that momentum. 

Message 323 of 455

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Next week is supposed to be Time Tunnel.

I presume from Saara's comments they will be people from the past....

Perhaps one couple could pretend to be Torville and Dean?

Deep joy joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 324 of 455

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Next week is supposed to be Time Tunnel.

I presume from Saara's comments they will be people from the past....

Perhaps one couple could pretend to be Torville and Dean?

Deep joy joy

Mmm.......could be very interesting for some and an unmitigated disaster for others.

And I'm expecting a Torville and Dean and hoping, if there is it's Wes and Vanessa or James and Alexandra. They're the only ones to make it work smiling

Message 325 of 455

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@sheepdog wrote:

So basically Wes left everyone else behind considerably tonight bar James who almost matched him. But Wes would still be the top man tonight. 

Everyone else, meh. Brian is only being saved by his fanbase now. Was disappointed in Melody's first skate though obviously would have been saved over the Jane & Ryan regardless (said in our house right at the start they'd be the two to go). Though Melody got away with doing zero solo skating. 

Are we due a mediocre music act next week? This week's syncro skate team and last week's couple were great so wonder if DOI is going to sustain that momentum. 

Your assessment is pretty much spot on. Wes and James out in front, the rest fighting to catch up and not really succeeding.

I also noted Melody in the skate off held on tightly to her partner, when she was on the ground which wasn't often.. Even so, she was still better than Jane and Ryan.

Message 326 of 455

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Apart from the fact Melody should never have been in the skate off, hers was a poor choice for a Save Me skate.

She is more than capable of skating on her own, though tonight relied heavily on being lifted.

Pity it wasn't Brian in the bottom three...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 327 of 455

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Music for Sunday

Image may contain: 6 people, people smiling, swimming, pool and text

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, swimming and text

So James hasn't revealed his song choice...Interesting.

I also heard they would be doing two dances...now I understand it may be a group dance...

Still 2 hrs long though...so look forward to more blumming adverts!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 328 of 455

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Some interesting song choices but why has James kept his a secret I wonder. And a group dance......fine on SCD but with ice skates could be some nasty accidents if they're doing lifts and head bangers. Still what do I know.

And keeping it a 2 hour show when X Factor, for example, decrease their show as contestants leave and only have the final as a 2 hour show. Its adverts with a bit of DOI slotted in. The advertisers must love it and ITV who earn pots of money from the advertisers. The viewers not so much!!

Message 329 of 455

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Nice to see we have a bit of Queen....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 330 of 455