Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dancing on ice 2019

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Since a thread hasn't been started yet....the contestants lined up for Dancing on Ice have been revealed during the last days. You might have missed with the ever so exciting Conservative Party Conference taking all the headlines but if you're like me, you probably don't care either.

Anyway:

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/20**Personal info**/dancing-on-ice-2019-contestants-line-up-rumou...

(replace personal info with 20**Personal info**)

So next year you get to witness:

Gemma Collins: some sort of reality show regular who's claim to fame is being on a contrived reality show. so claiming the Z-lister status of the show. Quote "I don’t know how they’re going to lift me up and how fast I can move around the ice, but I really want to give it a go!". Somehow I don't think thats going to happen. 

Richard Blackwood: another celeb looking to remain on TV after leaving Eastenders. Apparently has played the role of Donkey in Shrek the musical

James Jordan: yes, the Mr Bad Attitude from Strictly has found a job! Big advantage but lets face it, everyone is only going to tune in to see him fall and fail. Then there's the potential showdowns with Jason adding to the tension....

Brian McFadden: has he got some book or record deal coming out soon? At least his appearance fee will cover his drving fine

Saira Khan: runner up of the Apprentice series one and probably its best success. I'll expect her to work hard and do very well as that's her nature.

Ryan Sidebottom: Cricketer apparently. Looks rather like Sean Walsh currently on Strictly so maybe nobody will notice if they swap....

Melody Thornton: another Pussycat Doll. Is there some sort of backstage agreement that there must be at least one PCD member on UK TV at any given time?

Joe Mangle Mark Little : Ah the ever popular Mark is back on UK TV. Serious rival to Todd Carty's legacy of comedy. Will he be better that Cheryl Baker from last year? We'll find out soon enough.

Jane Danson: Token Coronation Street entry. Cue lots of former Coronation Street videos wishing her good luck every single week and lets try not be surprised when they partner her with Dan Whiston (he's being creative director so may not be skating).

Obviously we'll be getting the obligatory Love Island entry at some point...

Apparently they've brought back Karen Barber as Head Coach so with James Jordan and Jason Gardiner involved this might be worth watching. Sadly ITV are sticking with The Gopher and Wannabe but who will they get for the commentator? 

Message 1 of 455
454 REPLIES 454

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Out of the two in the skate off I think Richard and Carlotta were the best of the two...but Jayne and Chris voted to save Saira.

I repeat... what a travesty....

The Clown remains in the Circus!!!!! angryclown

More judges challenge next week...Also Jayne and Chris will be skating.

That's it..over and out.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 111 of 455

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

"Based on the skate-off, pick the couple who is a regular on an ITV chat show..."

Unbelievable. Saira just got pushed around and waved her legs and arms so if T&D can't see it that in the skate, the whole skate-off is then to demonstrate how flashy you can be rather than your technical ability. So whats the point of the first dance then if the judges decide thats irrelevant to making it through next week. 

Otherwise bar GC who obviously doesn't like criticism and really was a waste of 2 mins, thought the show was quite good with a lot doing better this week. 

Message 112 of 455

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

For me the stars of the night were Brian, James (shame about the stumble at the end) and Wes. Their routines and skating were brilliant. Thoroughly enjoyed watching all 3.

Of the rest I thought Saara's routine was beautiful and I could hear her singing beautifully as well. Her technical ability on the ice was amazing. Skating as a child has helped her. But she's Finnish so no big surprise.

Didi Conn nothing special but she did stay upright, that's something.

Richard Blackwood very nervous skating, he's better than he showed. His spin lacked the full 3 rotations and frankly what he did was poor.

Saira Khan's routine was forgettable and I found it safe and boring.

Ryan Sidebottom again nothing special and little skating.

Jane Danson was very emotional and I think it affected her skating. She skated better previously than she did tonight.

Melanie Thornton okay bit of a snooze fest for me. She has to do a great deal more to perk up my interest.

And last and definitely least Gemma Collins who honestly needn't have bothered turning up considering what skating she did which was.very little. And her excuses why were lame. I don't much like Mr Sunshine but blaming him for how badly she skated was rich. She can't skate, she doesn't put in the work and relies on her fanbase to get her through each week. So far she's been lucky but her luck has to end sometime unless she improves. And what chance of that.

As for the skate off Richard should never have been in it, that place was for GC. And I'm sorry I totally disagree with Jane's decision. Of the 2, Richard skated far better than Ryan. I really don't get it. But Jane and Chris seemed to prefer Ryan. I wonder what they saw we didn't.

Looking forward to Jane and Chris skating next week. The judges challenge sounds a bu66er. Should be an interesting show.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 113 of 455

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Glory1said...

And I'm sorry I totally disagree with Jane's decision. Of the 2, Richard skated far better than Ryan. I really don't get it. But Jane and Chris seemed to prefer Ryan. I wonder what they saw we didn't.

@Glory1

I'm a bit confused (always the way) Lol...It was Richard and Saira in the skate off?

As I posted above, I agree Richard was the better of the two. He also has a lot more potential than Saira who just gets pushed around. No doubt the Loose Women will be delighted one of their own was saved.

I can't wait to hear what Lorraine and Phil & Holly say about Gemma tomorrow morning. They can't ignore that display of arrogance/petulance. Between a rock and a hard place really. If they criticise her, she will use that as an excuse for 'aving a really bad week' AGAIN.

What an absolute waste of space she is. Hateful excuse of a woman.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 114 of 455

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Glory1said...

And I'm sorry I totally disagree with Jane's decision. Of the 2, Richard skated far better than Ryan. I really don't get it. But Jane and Chris seemed to prefer Ryan. I wonder what they saw we didn't.

@Glory1

I'm a bit confused (always the way) Lol...It was Richard and Saira in the skate off?

As I posted above, I agree Richard was the better of the two. He also has a lot more potential than Saira who just gets pushed around. No doubt the Loose Women will be delighted one of their own was saved.

I can't wait to hear what Lorraine and Phil & Holly say about Gemma tomorrow morning. They can't ignore that display of arrogance/petulance. Between a rock and a hard place really. If they criticise her, she will use that as an excuse for 'aving a really bad week' AGAIN.

What an absolute waste of space she is. Hateful excuse of a woman.

Oops.....I was posting while watching Vera and misread my notes. My comments still stand inserting Saira for Ryan lol.

And you're right @Cleoriff Lorraine and Phil and Holly can't ignore GC's childish display. And yes GC will use it as her lame excuse for her inability to skate. She's too proud and stupid to admit she just can't skate. And she makes no real effort to learn. As long as her fanbase keep her in she'll continue to excuse her lack of ability. God forbid she should just say 'I'm useless at skating and can't be bothered to learn'. Rather than being the 'star' of the show, she's the joke. A big fat joke. The sooner she's in the skate off and voted off the better. 

Message 115 of 455

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Difficult to say who's going to get the more positive headlines this week: Theresa May or Gemma Collins.

Message 116 of 455

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@sheepdog wrote:

Difficult to say who's going to get the more positive headlines this week: Theresa May or Gemma Collins.

I suppose it depends what paper you read @sheepdog

One thing is certain Theresa May will be in the TV news. Gemma Collins won't thinking

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 117 of 455

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Just watching This Morning, Phil is missing so it's being hosted by Holly and John Barrowman.

Very noticeable that Gemma Collins was not mentioned ONCE!!

Normally DOI is the very first topic on a Monday. Not today. They didn't mention it till gone 11am.

Then it was mainly about John Barrowmans time on DOI, followed about Kem Cetinay showing the celebs backstage dressing rooms. They did not go into Gemma's.

So.... have they been told to cut down on the airtime they give her...OR, is Holly worried about mentioning her unprofessional strop to Jason because apparently 'her comments last week, made GC cry?'

All slightly ridiculous whatever the reason. She should be panned for that outburst. A bit controversial though, when the hosts of DOI are the same people who host This Morning.

(Apparently she was mentioned on Lorraine, which I rarely watch. On that show, the entertainment presenter Dan Wooten absolutely loves her and was likening her to Marilyn Monroe (According to the DOI FB group)

vomito.gif

vomito.gif

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 118 of 455

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Just watching This Morning, Phil is missing so it's being hosted by Holly and John Barrowman.

Very noticeable that Gemma Collins was not mentioned ONCE!!

Normally DOI is the very first topic on a Monday. Not today. They didn't mention it till gone 11am.

Then it was mainly about John Barrowmans time on DOI, followed about Kem Cetinay showing the celebs backstage dressing rooms. They did not go into Gemma's.

So.... have they been told to cut down on the airtime they give her...OR, is Holly worried about mentioning her unprofessional strop to Jason because apparently 'her comments last week, made GC cry?'

All slightly ridiculous whatever the reason. She should be panned for that outburst. A bit controversial though, when the hosts of DOI are the same people who host This Morning.

(Apparently she was mentioned on Lorraine, which I rarely watch. On that show, the entertainment presenter Dan Wooten absolutely loves her and was likening her to Marilyn Monroe (According to the DOI FB group)

vomito.gif

vomito.gif

Oh I missed that. I'll have to see if it's repeated, if not it's the ITV Hub.

Surprised GC wasn't mentioned on This Morning. Her outburst should have been mentioned and if it makes her fake cry again tough. You don't want to be criticised then don't behave like a tw@t!!!!

As for GC being compared to Marilyn Monroe, seriously. Quite apart from the fact Marilyn was better looking and had a better figure, she had more talent in her little finger than GC has in her whole body.

This Dan Wooten clearly knows bu66er all about Marilyn Monroe and even less about GC. All they have in common is bleached blonde hair.

Message 119 of 455

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Maybe they're taking the line of "don't feed the troll"* so the less exposure they give her, the better it is for them not to get dragged in a slagging match they can never be on top of. 

* which is not a slur on her physical state rather the internet term of trying to win an argument

Message 120 of 455