Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dancing on ice 2019

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Since a thread hasn't been started yet....the contestants lined up for Dancing on Ice have been revealed during the last days. You might have missed with the ever so exciting Conservative Party Conference taking all the headlines but if you're like me, you probably don't care either.

Anyway:

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/20**Personal info**/dancing-on-ice-2019-contestants-line-up-rumou...

(replace personal info with 20**Personal info**)

So next year you get to witness:

Gemma Collins: some sort of reality show regular who's claim to fame is being on a contrived reality show. so claiming the Z-lister status of the show. Quote "I don’t know how they’re going to lift me up and how fast I can move around the ice, but I really want to give it a go!". Somehow I don't think thats going to happen. 

Richard Blackwood: another celeb looking to remain on TV after leaving Eastenders. Apparently has played the role of Donkey in Shrek the musical

James Jordan: yes, the Mr Bad Attitude from Strictly has found a job! Big advantage but lets face it, everyone is only going to tune in to see him fall and fail. Then there's the potential showdowns with Jason adding to the tension....

Brian McFadden: has he got some book or record deal coming out soon? At least his appearance fee will cover his drving fine

Saira Khan: runner up of the Apprentice series one and probably its best success. I'll expect her to work hard and do very well as that's her nature.

Ryan Sidebottom: Cricketer apparently. Looks rather like Sean Walsh currently on Strictly so maybe nobody will notice if they swap....

Melody Thornton: another Pussycat Doll. Is there some sort of backstage agreement that there must be at least one PCD member on UK TV at any given time?

Joe Mangle Mark Little : Ah the ever popular Mark is back on UK TV. Serious rival to Todd Carty's legacy of comedy. Will he be better that Cheryl Baker from last year? We'll find out soon enough.

Jane Danson: Token Coronation Street entry. Cue lots of former Coronation Street videos wishing her good luck every single week and lets try not be surprised when they partner her with Dan Whiston (he's being creative director so may not be skating).

Obviously we'll be getting the obligatory Love Island entry at some point...

Apparently they've brought back Karen Barber as Head Coach so with James Jordan and Jason Gardiner involved this might be worth watching. Sadly ITV are sticking with The Gopher and Wannabe but who will they get for the commentator? 

Message 1 of 455
454 REPLIES 454

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Care-o-meter cat

Message 101 of 455

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Unfortunately @Cleoriff there'll be quite a few lapping up that bit of gossip as well as all GC's headline grabbing cr@p. Some people have no lives of their own and live vicariously through these so-called stars.

Personally, I do have a life and could care less what anyone does off the ice. Only what they do on it. Though admittedly I'm not averse to a little bit of gossip, I'm human. Just don't live for it, is all.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 102 of 455

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Of course celebrity gossip is when one of the papers says something and people take it as gospel...

Not something I ever do.

However, I have seen Holly giving out about GC on This Morning....

I also saw the instagram post from Wes's girlfriend to Vanessa and Wes.

That particular one came under the heading of 'DOI Curse Now'? (Making reference to the Strictly 'curse')

Though DOI has had it's own fair share of marriage /relationship breakups...mainly involving Sylvain Longchambon (twice) Brianne Delcourt (3 times)...and David Seaman with Frankie Poultney...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 103 of 455

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Good point @Cleoriff. Like you I take everything I read with a pinch of salt. You have to if you've any sense. Particularly with the publicity seeking Z stars who will say or do anything to get their name in the paper.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 104 of 455

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I have to do this section by section ... otherwise it will take me ages.

So the judges challenge is a 3 spin rotation....either with your partner or on your own.

Didi and Lucasz

Always the temptation to say ahh bless when you see her skate. Dancing to a Spoonful Of Sugar...she did better than I expected. Scored 16.5

Jane and Sylvain

I think she skated well, though rather restrained, to I Dreamed a Dream....with a couple of stumbles. Her spin was ok...She was very emotional. Jason doesn't seem to like her much!  Scored 20.0

Richard and Carlotta.

Danced to Beggin Jersey Boys. I was disappointed to be honest. His spin was a stumble. Scored 18.00

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 105 of 455

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Saara and Hamish.

Skating to Let it Be. What an impressive performance....showing her previous experience now.

The most complicated spin of the night so far...Scored 26,0

Brian and Alex

I was really looking forward to this. Skated to Fat Sam's Grand Slam (Bugsy Malone)

Fumbled at the start...poor Alex nearly dropped to the ice. Good routine but I do think he was overmarked. 22.0

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 106 of 455

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

James and Alexandra

Dancing to Phantom of the Opera. Beautiful routine...until he lost his balance. I think he made a good save but the judges picked up on that immediately

Good spin...Scored 27

Saira and Mark

Skated to I'll Do Anything. I think she was ok...good back rollover but landed poorly. Didn't complete the spin...Mark was pushing her around a lot.  Scored 18.5

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 107 of 455

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Ryan and Brandee

Skated to Beauty and the Beast,

Don't you just love this guy? Danced so much better...really got into character and seems to love the whole experience. Scored 19.00

Wes and Vanessa

You can't stop the Beat (from Hairspray)

What a brilliant routine. Jam packed with the content. Flawless until the end stumble...but great despite that.

Scored 29.5

PS..just wondering...are we leaving the 'star' to the end (again)?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 108 of 455

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Oh here she is

Gemma and Matt...

Diamonds are a Girls best friend. First of all she looks like a drag queen....

Not much skating content if honest. Using all sorts of excuses...

Then she turned on Jason...what a classless fool.She has been selling stories to the papers all week!!

Scored 13.0. Didn't deserve that. I would have marked her lower

Melody and Alexander

Skating to America.

What a shame ...a few stumbles. Otherwise a good skate...brought it back at the end . Scored 20.5

Voting now open lol...

Please note the DIVA is not at the top talking to Phil and Holly. All the others are...but not her!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 109 of 455

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

So Richard and Carlotta and Saira and Mark....are in the skate off.

What a travesty...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 110 of 455