Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dancing On Ice

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Just a reminder to any and all interested. Dancing On Ice starts tomorrow on ITV at 18:00.

Personally am really looking forward to it, particularly as Torville and Dean are now on the judging panel.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1 of 299
298 REPLIES 298

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/dancing-ice-fix-claims-candice-11852107

Dancing-on-Ice-TV-show-Series-10-Episode-2-Hertfordshire-UK-14-Jan-2018.jpg

Viewers insisted it was a fix (Image: REX/Shutterstock)

Like the article said Phil and Holly did say Chris as head judge did have the final decision before the vote. So he voted to save Lemar and Lamar was saved. How is that a fix? They may not agree with the decision, fair enough. But to say it was a fix Confused

Message 81 of 299

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Also remember Cheryl is skating with Dan Whiston. He is one of the most popular professionals on the show. I think people would be voting for Cheryl to keep Dan in....Whistle

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 82 of 299

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

What a load of balderdash. The voting is exactly the same as Strictly.

Head judge has final vote.

I would take Chris Deans vote (as a skater) over the other two judges any day of the week. ...

Add to that, Lemar shouldn't have been there...Had Cheryl been in the dance off then Candice would still be in the show..

Absolutely true and Cheryl should have been in the skate-off as she was unbelievably bad. Chris Dean's years of experience over the two non skaters makes him the perfect head judge and certainly better to assess good over bad skating. I assume that's why he and Jayne are judges. They have the skating experience the other 2  judges don't.

Message 83 of 299

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Also remember Cheryl is skating with Dan Whiston. He is one of the most popular professionals on the show. I think people would be voting for Cheryl to keep Dan in....Whistle

Good point, never thought of that.

Message 84 of 299

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Mnnn....so why does Jason is it? who as no ice skating experience,  always mark so much lower than the others? How does he know exactly what it takes for these people who may never had seen ice unless it was in whiskey or hanging off the bumpers in Oswaldtwistle , to learn how to skate and get confidence to lift,grunt and thrutch around what is potentially a very risky routine? Or is he there to watch their grace and if they are smiling when they look into their partner's eyes? And wth was that comment about  Max holding Ale's head like a rugby ball? What an ass.....!

Message 85 of 299

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Mnnn....so why does Jason is it? who as no ice skating experience,  always mark so much lower than the others? How does he know exactly what it takes for these people who may never had seen ice unless it was in whiskey or hanging off the bumpers in Oswaldtwistle , to learn how to skate and get confidence to lift,grunt and thrutch around what is potentially a very risky routine? Or is he there to watch their grace and if they are smiling when they look into their partner's eyes? And wth was that comment about  Max holding Ale's head like a rugby ball? What an ass.....!

You've summed up Jason nicely, though you are being unkind to asses who are generally nice animals. I call Jason something unprintable on the forum. He is meant to be there judging their dance technique as he is a choreographer. The idea being that they are judged both on their skating and dancing abilities. But, and this is a big but, Chris and Jayne have both danced and skated on ice so I personally would take their views over Jason and the other chap's (whose name I've forgotten), neither of whom I guess have ever been anywhere near ice. 

With SCD all the judges are former dancers and have choreographed and/or taught dance; so are all experts in some way on dancing. With DOI you have 2 judges who were skaters and won Olympic gold together with two choreographer/dancers. So 2 looking at one aspect of a skating routine with the other 2 looking at the whole performance - dance routine and skating ability.

Jason invariably marks down very rarely giving a high score. Would love to see him on the ice doing a dance routine. I've a feeling it would be rather more ass than ice skating LOL

Message 86 of 299

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Having said all that about Jason..... his comments about Cheryl were spot on. Hero

Again, it's the same format as SCD. Two choreographers who look at the dance elements and two dancers/skaters who mark on dance or skating ability.

Jason, like Craig on SCD, are 'pantomime villains' and are always the two who get booed for their comments.

I prefer Craig though... as he can be funny as well as cutting with his comments.

I view a DOI forum on FB (yes I know) Smiley Very Happy and the number of people who thought Cheryl  was great 'due to her age' was unbelievable!!

I didn't comment on that group, just read what they were saying. "I gave all my votes to Cheryl as she did well and she's 63"...

She is no Debbie McGee (with or without skates...)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 87 of 299

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

A lie, I did post. Someone on the DOI forum posted that article above.

One of the group agreed it was a fix and said 'even Holly had tweeted it was a fix'. I asked to see the tweet as I wouldn't believe that a presenter would tweet a comment like that, particularly as she was on This Morning today and would have to explain it to the viewing public.

I was told he would post the tweet for me to see. Needless to say it never appeared. Popcorn.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 88 of 299

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

By the way going back in time. We have always remembered Torville and Dean for Bolero...I think this is superb, Paso Doble on ice, skated by the masters... (if you don't want to hear them talking then scroll to 1 minute on the video)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 89 of 299

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

By the way going back in time. We have always remembered Torville and Dean for Bolero...I think this is superb, Paso Doble on ice, skated by the masters... (if you don't want to hear them talking then scroll to 1 minute on the video)

Thank you for posting this @Cleoriff ... remember it well ... sooo good & great to watch again ... & some darn good paso music = Strictly Come Dancing please take note Dance

Message 90 of 299