Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dancing On Ice

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Just a reminder to any and all interested. Dancing On Ice starts tomorrow on ITV at 18:00.

Personally am really looking forward to it, particularly as Torville and Dean are now on the judging panel.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1 of 299
298 REPLIES 298

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

However, I hope to god Buck Fizz fans stop voting for Cheryl as she was totally pathetic...Evil

I didn't vote for her, honest 😂

Message 71 of 299

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I honestly like Holly and Phil and have no problem with them at all.

Due to the numerous ad breaks I presume they have to be there to present again when the show restarts. 

When you think it was a 2 hr show with 6 couples skating to a 3 minute routine...that's a hell of a lot of time to fill...

I like the show so will stick with it...making numerous cups of tea when those damn ads are on....Evil

It's no different to ITV  presenting football...(or any sport) Any chance they get and they stop for ads!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 72 of 299

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Maybe I've been watching less commercial TV and more viewing streaming stuff that have no breaks so notice the breaks a lot more. Way too much like North American TV these days and none of the ads are actually memorable. 

I now stop listening to the half-time expert analysis on the football as between the gambling and alchohol ads, the pundits aren't that intelligent. Best get used to ITV football presentations when the World Cup comes round. 

Message 73 of 299

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

But at least we get two 45 minute periods of no ads @Cleoriff

You may be right @jonsie but it seemed a lot less show and more ads - one after each couple danced. And the show was only 1 hout and 55 minutes so a lot more ads before the start of the next show, which I'm watching..

Message 75 of 299

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

But at least we get two 45 minute periods of no ads @Cleoriff

I agree @jonsie but for me watching a big match I love the reaction at the end when the team wins. You never see that with ITV. Whistle blows, and virtually straight to ads...

Same with F1 on Ch 4. As soon as the chequered flag is waved they pop off for a quick ad break so you don't see the immediate driver/team reaction. It's not long, but that sort of thing spoils it for me....

Sky resist the urge to do that.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 76 of 299

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I honestly like Holly and Phil and have no problem with them at all.

Due to the numerous ad breaks I presume they have to be there to present again when the show restarts. 

When you think it was a 2 hr show with 6 couples skating to a 3 minute routine...that's a hell of a lot of time to fill...

I like the show so will stick with it...making numerous cups of tea when those damn ads are on....Evil

It's no different to ITV  presenting football...(or any sport) Any chance they get and they stop for ads!!

All the commercial channels are pretty much the same. ITV is the worst followed by Channel 5. But they all show at least 12 minutes of ads in an 'hour' show with ad breaks before and after the show. Like I said before programmes between the ads.

Thank God for the BBC. At least you can watch a programme from start to finish with no interruptions.

I agree with @sheepdog it's definitely becoming like American TV and the ads are just as unmemorable.

Message 77 of 299

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Of course the answer would be to watch it on Catch up. However, you wouldn't be able to vote...Catch 22 really..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 78 of 299

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

What a load of balderdash. The voting is exactly the same as Strictly.

Head judge has final vote.

I would take Chris Deans vote (as a skater) over the other two judges any day of the week. ...

Add to that, Lemar shouldn't have been there...Had Cheryl been in the dance off then Candice would still be in the show..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 80 of 299