Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dancing On Ice 2021

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

The first of 12 contestants has been announced for the new series starting in 2021

Myleene Klass

myleene klass dancing on ice 2021

The judging panel remains the same as last year with Torvill and Dean, AShley Banjo and John Barrowman.

It will be hosted by Phil and Holly.

I read somewhere there will be a change in professional skaters. Not sure of all of them, though I do know that Alex Murphy who partnered Joe Swash to his unexpected win last year, has not been asked to return!

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/a34089057/dancing-on-ice-2021-announces-first-celebrity-myl... 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 186
185 REPLIES 185

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

You know I love my soaps (well Emmerdale and Corrie) so Joe was always going to be one of my favourites @Mi-Amigo. I've watched the lad literally grow up on Emmerdale. He's 18 now and started in the soap in 2010.

Another one I hope does well is Faye Brooks from Corrie. She left Corrrie in 2019 but always seemed a smashing girl.

I wish they had given the golden ticket to Lady Leshurr personally. I just hope this golden ticket business doesn't mean one of the lowest marked skaters gets through every week.

There again people don't know LL and instead decided Denise Van Outen was more worthy of the vote.

I suppose, like SCD, it will always be a popularity contest!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 51 of 186

Anonymous
Not applicable
What’s a golden ticket do?
Message 52 of 186

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
What’s a golden ticket do?

It gets you a free pass to the following week @Anonymous. So it means you can't be voted out.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 54 of 186

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

The remaining 6 to skate on Sunday...shown with the chosen music

Sonny Jay and Angela Egan

Image may contain: 2 people, text that says "CHOIC CHOICE HOLD ME WHILE YOU WAIT Lewis Capaldi (Steve Void Remix) DANCING ON 100"

Graham Bell and new partner.

Image may contain: 2 people, text that says "SONG CHOICE POP LOOKS BACH Ski Sunday Theme Tune DANCING ON യ"

Billie Shephard and Mark Hanratty

Image may contain: 2 people, text that says "0:21 CHOICE SPICE UP YOUR LIFE Spice Girls DANCING യ ON"

Faye Brookes and Hamish Garman

Image may contain: 2 people, text that says "SONG CHOICE LOVER Taylor Swift DANCING യ"

Myleene Klass and Lukasz Rozycki

Image may contain: 2 people, text that says "SONG CHOICE BLINDING LIGHTS The Weeknd DANCING യ"

Colin Jackson and Klebara Komini

Image may contain: 2 people, text

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 55 of 186

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25150 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff 

Interesting and varied song choices. Not sure who will be the best skater - maybe Mayleene ? - and think Colin Jackson might surprise us. Looking forward to it.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 56 of 186

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I'm rooting for Faye and Hamish. I'm sure Myleene will do well but Faye played a very nice character in Corrie so I'm going with her...just because @Mi-Amigo rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 57 of 186

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

PS, not sure about Tutti Frutti for a first dance. Very fast! Colin will have to do a good job there...yahoo

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 58 of 186

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Rufus Hound is out of tomorrow nights show.

Image may contain: text that says "11:58 Thread Zone TVZoneUK.com @TVZone_ ITV statement: "This week Rufus Hound came into contact with someone outside of the show who tested positive for Covid 19. This means, following government guidelines, he will isolate for ten days. We are hoping to welcome him back to the ice soon." #DancingOnlce 11:52 23/01/2021 Twitter Web App 1 Like Tweet your reply"

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 59 of 186

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Colin and Klebara Skated to Tutti Frutti. Excellent first skate to a very first number Scored 25 (undermarked in my opinion)

Billie and Mark. Skated to Spice up My Life. Better than I thought she would be. Scored 25

Graham and Karina. Ski Sunday was the music. Skated very well and has had previous experience. I thought it was good but not enough presentaion. A well performed technical skate Scored 26

Sonny and Angela Skated to Hold Me while you wait. What an excellent performance Scored 26.5

Myleene and Lucasz Skated to Blinding Light. Very nervous and skated totally in hold Scored 22

Faye and Hamish Skated to Lover. Absolutely brilliant. Certainly the best first skate of all time Scored 31.5

Golden ticket.... Sonny and Angela. They go straight through to musical week.

Good group dance by last weeks contestants. Although Denise ccouldn't skate due to injuring her shoulder again...Rufus is in isolation. However the two who stood out for me were Joe and Lady Leshurr.

Vote is now open and if there is any justice, Myleene should be in the skate off.

So both couples have skated and all 4 judges have saved Lady Leshurr, so Myleene is out. Correct decision.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 60 of 186