Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dancing On Ice 2021

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122349 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The first of 12 contestants has been announced for the new series starting in 2021

Myleene Klass

myleene klass dancing on ice 2021

The judging panel remains the same as last year with Torvill and Dean, AShley Banjo and John Barrowman.

It will be hosted by Phil and Holly.

I read somewhere there will be a change in professional skaters. Not sure of all of them, though I do know that Alex Murphy who partnered Joe Swash to his unexpected win last year, has not been asked to return!

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/a34089057/dancing-on-ice-2021-announces-first-celebrity-myl... 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 186
185 REPLIES 185

Cleoriff
  • 122349 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Dancing on Ice confirms Professionals for 2021

Dancing on Ice confirms its line up of professional skaters who will be pairing up with this year’s celebrities ahead of the forthcoming 2021 series.

Dancing on Ice regular Matt Evers, who has been a part of the show since it launched on ITV in 2006 will be returning to the ice alongside series favourites Alexandra Schauman and husband Lukasz Rozycki, Mark Hanretty, Hamish Gaman, Brendyn Hatfield and Vanessa Bauer who will be taking their place alongside the class of 2021.

Former Dancing On Ice alumni Andy Buchanan and wife Robin Johnstone return to the ice.   Andy previously skated with Anthea Turner (2013) and Zaraah Abrahams (2014), whilst Robin partnered Gareth Thomas (2013) and Joe Pasquale (2014). 

New additions to the line-up are professional coach and Disney On Ice star Angela Egan, Klabera Komini who is joining the cast as the current reigning champion from Dancing On Ice in the Netherlands and Yebin Mok, who is a member of the UK coaching elite and co-founder of Ice Theatre.  Yebin is married to last year’s professional skater, Doctor and Orthopaedic surgeon Tom Naylor.   

Completing the line-up are former competitive skaters and Cirque Du Soleil performers Karina Manta and skating partner Joe Johnson, who will lead the professional group performances. 

All of the celebrity and professional skating partnerships will be confirmed in due course. 

Pleased to see Matt Evers is back.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 186

Cleoriff
  • 122349 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

A few pairings have been announced

Myleene and Lucasz

Faye Brookes and Hamish. (Good, this should help him to get over the capriciousness of Caprice!!)

Jason Donovan and Alexandra

Unfortunately the pairings are released in dribs and drabs so I have no more info.

Certainly not making a big thing of it as yet....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 186

Cleoriff
  • 122349 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

All pairings are now announced...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 186

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Cleoriff 

Outstanding pairing gotta be Matt Evers with Denise van Outen

Like you Cleo I have always enjoyed Matt's dancing

I believe Denise came 2nd in SCD, but can't think who to?

I expect to see good things from Myleene Klass

I don't think Jason Donovan will do well, despite his SCD experience and showbiz background ... he showed his hairy armpits wearing vest in SCD training sessions = YUK! LOL

Remembering the simply stunning waltz Colin Jackson danced with Erin Boag in SCD he should do well, particularly being a retired sportsman used to being coached

Just thinking of James Jordan x-SCD professional dancer winning DOI from day 1

Looking forward to this series ... will bring a sparkle to the beginning of 2021.

Edited for spelling.

Message 34 of 186

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25015 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

From the announced partners, it would seem Matt Evers and Denise van Outen could be the "favourites".

I think there will be some celebs who will give it their all, and some might give us a laugh.

I`m looking forward to seeing how Myleene Klass gets on.

Any celeb, anyone else is looking forward - or not?? 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 35 of 186

Cleoriff
  • 122349 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Problem is, I can't stand Denise Van Outen, although Matt is brilliant. Denise has a great deal of dance experience, she appeared in many West End musicals.

I'm going for two outsiders. (If you don't watch soaps you won't know either rofl)

Joe Warren Plant (who plays Jacob in Emmerdale and has 'grown up' on the show)

Faye Brookes from Corrie. She seems a lovely lass and so pleased she is teamed with Hamish. He deserves a good partner after the disgusting Caprice.

I suppose many will be cheering on Jason Donovan...not one of my favourites.

Such a shame we don't have the real comedy element/skater. Who would ever forget Todd Carty and even Gemma (awful) Collins.

I would have loved to have seen Bez from Happy Mondays, who was on the leaked group of celebs I posted.

He can hardly string two sensible words together, let alone skate, so he would have been great to watch. LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 36 of 186

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff I dislike Denise van Outen too = A Gob On A Stick!

I don't know the 2 soap opera stars you mention though I wish them well

I just don't like Gobby Celebs and will not be voting for any Gobberoffers! or in other words UPTheirOwnAR$eRs! ... that type put me right off

Yes Cleo, the lovely Hamish does deserve a nice celeb partner after the GodDamnAwful Caprice

Who could forget Todd Carty ... a natural comedy element

Really looking forward to it

Thank you for your postings Cleo slight_smile

Message 37 of 186

Mi-Amigo
  • 25015 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just to add, I am no fan of Denise van Outen. In my opinion, her ego puts me off.

I don`t watch the soaps so don`t recognise those soap stars who are appearing but that said Hamish does deserve a decent performer after that awful Caprice.

And as for Todd Carty? A legend - who can forget him on DOI? LOL  

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 38 of 186

Cleoriff
  • 122349 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So revisiting this thread I notice a lot of images have disappeared!

As the show starts on Sunday 17th January, i'll post the celebs with professionals

Denise Van Outen and Matt Evers

Den and Matt.jpg

Rebekah Vardy and Andy Buchanan

Reb.jpg

Rufus Hound and Robin Johnstone

Rufus.jpg

Colin Jackson and Klabera Komini

colin.jpg

Jason Donovan and Alexandra Schauman

Jason.jpg

Sonny Jay and Angela Egan

Sonny.jpg

Graham Bell and Yebin Mok

Graham.jpg

Lady Leshurr and Brendyn Hatfield

Lady.jpg

Faye Brookes and Hamish Goman

Faye.jpg

Myleene Klass and Lukasz Rozycki

Myleene.jpg

Billie Shepherd and Mark Hanratty

Billie.jpg

Joe-Warren Plant and Vanessa Bauer

joe.jpg

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 39 of 186

Mi-Amigo
  • 25015 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff 

I`m looking forward to DOI and will definitely be watching.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 40 of 186