Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dancing On Ice 2021

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122368 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The first of 12 contestants has been announced for the new series starting in 2021

Myleene Klass

myleene klass dancing on ice 2021

The judging panel remains the same as last year with Torvill and Dean, AShley Banjo and John Barrowman.

It will be hosted by Phil and Holly.

I read somewhere there will be a change in professional skaters. Not sure of all of them, though I do know that Alex Murphy who partnered Joe Swash to his unexpected win last year, has not been asked to return!

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/a34089057/dancing-on-ice-2021-announces-first-celebrity-myl... 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 186
185 REPLIES 185

Cleoriff
  • 122368 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Music/Skates for the final on Sunday.

May be an image of 2 people, people standing and text that says "SONG CHO' I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU Alexandra Burke (from the Bodyguard) DANCING ON/ യ"

May be an image of 2 people and text that says "SONG CHO' HOT HOT HOT Arrow DANCING യ ON"

May be an image of 6 people and text that says "SO CH SWAN LAKE Tchaikovsky DANCING ON C"

May be an image of 2 people and text that says "SO CH TEENAGE DREAM Katy Perry Perry DANCING ON"

May be an image of 6 people and text that says "SONG CHOICE WELLERMAN SEA SHANTY Nathan Evans (220 KID X Billen Ted Remix) DANCING ONA ത"

May be an image of 2 people and text

So a favourite skate and a new one.

Pleased to see Faye doing Swan Lake again. Let's hope the judges aren't so damn critical this time!

As usual the vote will open and the final two will do the Bolero.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 181 of 186

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff 

Interesting choices for the second songs. This could see the competition being wide open. I just hope that Faye pulls something out of the bag, gets to skate Bolero, and wins the competition.fingers_crossed

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 182 of 186

Cleoriff
  • 122368 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The Final started off with a good routine by the pros.

All routines for the first celebdances were choreographed by Chris and Jayne and all involved props!

Faye and Matt (Skated to Teenage Dream) The skate was jam packed with a beach ball, a sun lounger and an airbed. Based round a pool party. Very good I thought. Scored 38 (undermarked)

Sonny and Angela (Skated to a George Formby medley) A Ukelele, a Ladder and a lampost. Excellent routine. Scored 39.5

Colin and Klebara. (Skated to Hot Hot Hot) Props, Salt and pepper shaker, food trolley and eggs. A good skate. Totally overmarked Scored 40

Second Dance

Kate and Matt (Swan Lake) Simply stunning routine. Scored 40 (about time!) Poor Hamish in the audience looked a bit sad. It was his routine and although it was grossly undermarked last time, this was an even better routine.

Sonny and Angela (Sea Shanty) Another excellent skate Scored 40

Colin and Klebara (I will always love you) Loved this routine although I don't think the level of difficulty was as much as the previous two skaters Scored 40.

So according to the judges vote Kate would be out at this point!! Ridiculous. 

Let's hope the public keep her in.

Posting this now with fingers crossed.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 183 of 186

Cleoriff
  • 122368 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So Sonny Jay and Faye are through to skate the Bolero. Colin is out.

Right result.

So having watched both Bolero skates then Faye and Matt won that. So much emotion and expression. Many elements of the original. Gave me goosebumps. Simply beautiful.

Sonny Jay and Angela gave a great performance but lacked the emotion of Matt and Faye.

Now we sit and wait for the public to make the right decision.

Chris and Jayne skating to Fly Me To The Moon. Wonderful.

The vote is in. Sonny Jay and Angela are the winners.

OK, they were great but not my winners. There again, I was biased joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 184 of 186

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My opinion:

First skate - choreographed by Chris & Jane

Faye & Matt - lots going on; excellent skate - undermarked by judges

Sonny & Angela - very good routine - agreed with judges` score

Colin & Klebara - good routine - overmarked by judges

Second skate - fav skate from series

Faye & Matt - brilliant skate to Swan Lake - well deserved 10 from each of the judges

Sonny & Angela - excellent skate, repeat of their Popeye & Olive Oyl routine - 10 from each of judges

Colin & Klebara - very good skate but not as difficult routine as either Faye or Sonny - overmaked by judges.

Fortunately judges` scores don`t count to deciding who skates to Bolera.

Votes in and Colin is out - placed third.

Bolera-

Faye & Matt - beautiful performance, emotional and excellent interpretation of Torville & Dean

Sonny & Angela - very good performance but lacked emotion of Faye & Matt`s.

Public vote - Sonny declared winner.

Not my choice/vote.

Faye & Matt should have been the winners.

A repeat of last year`s show where the obvious winner was robbed. 

Yes I admit I`m biased and wanted Faye to win but did the public take into account everything on the night?

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 185 of 186

Cleoriff
  • 122368 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo 

Sonny Jay was obviously the judges "favourite/winner".

They droned on and on and on about 'his journey'.

I found there was none of that warmth towards Faye and Matt. (Even when Faye was dancing with Hamish, the judges didn't seem to warm to her at all)

Also Phil (or Holly) mentioned how, when she was 'skating with her dad all those years ago, did she ever imagine she would be skating the Bolero in front of Torville and Dean?' Conveniently before the votes closed.

It was great to see Joe back even if it was just for 30 seconds.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 186 of 186