Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dancing On Ice 2019/2020

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The new series of Dancing On Ice officially starts in January 2020, although there will be a Christmas Special in 2019.

Last year a few people posted on the thread including @Glory1 so we will see how we go this year.

The main news is Jason Gardiner has left the show and John Barrowman will replace him. So no more nasty comments (shame)

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/a28795098/dancing-on-ice-2020-cast-lineup-start-date-celebr... 

The contestants are....

Maura Higgins (from Love Island)

Dancing on Ice 2020 contestant

Michael Barrymore.

Joe Swash (ex Eastenders now TV Presenter)

H From Steps. He will make history as the first contestant to dance with a same sex partner.

(Not sure how that will work but let's wait and see)....

Perri Kiely (Dancer from Diversity) Let's see how Ashley Banjo marks him!!)

Lisa George (Who plays Beth Tinker in Coronation Street)

Libby Clegg (Registered Blind Paralympian)

Trisha Goddard (Talk show host/TV Presenter)

Lucrezia Millarini (ITV news presenter)

Kevin Kilbane (Former Footballer and TV Pundit)

Kevin Kilbane, dancing on Ice 2020

Ben Hanlin. Magician (best known for TV show Tricked)

Caprice Bourret (Model, Actress Blah blah blah rofl)

And that's it. I've counted and there seems to be more contestants this year?

It will be presented as usual by Phil and Holly.

Looking forward to it.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 239
238 REPLIES 238

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you @Cleoriff 

I shall be voting for Perri

He has been the best skater all along and thoroughly deserves to win DOI

Doesn't that defeat the object? Surely you should be voting for who skates best on the night, otherwise you're as bad as the judges voting for their favourite based on other factors?

Message 191 of 239

Anonymous
Not applicable

iyhho ( in your humble honest opinion ) of course @Anonymous 

In a perfect world which it isn't ... ... ... 

I'm voting for my favourite ... so there you have it @Anonymous  *blows raspberry* wink

Message 192 of 239

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Angry

I havn't voted for a while as it is so unfairly biased by the judges towards Libby

No justice

What a farce 

Spoilt some simply beautiful skating by the other contestants

What a farce..

Message 193 of 239

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous smiling

Come have a ride up to the Yorkshire Dales soon

I'll show you the Cycles and Coffee cafe and treat us to lunch

We can discuss in detail out differences about DOI and put the World to rights

I'm quite an inoffensive creature at heart heart kissing_heart

Message 194 of 239

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I will be voting for Perri, simply because he is head and shoulders above the other two contestants in terms of ice dance. Had Ben been in the final we would have seen more of a competition.

In fact in all my years of watching DOI, I have never seen such a poor bunch of finalists (with the exception of Perri)

Libby can not skate alone and is unable to do many of the steps out of hold as other females who have been eliminated. She has been kept in due to the judges love of her being amazing and inspirational as she is semi blind.  Sorry but I can only judge on her skating ability. She did a headbanger last week (which looks dangerous but if you have a good skating professional partner is 'quite easy') Looked good till the end when she dropped to the floor like a sack of spuds!! The judges overlooked that part!!

Joe is a jack the lad and loved by a lot of people. He has come on in leaps and bounds. However, he is wobbly on the ice at times and when you get to the final...no-one should be wobbling!

So Perri it is for me, not only because he's my favourite. He is the best skater by a country mile. smiling

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 195 of 239

Anonymous
Not applicable
Another one not voting for skills on the night!! Kinda makes the complaints about the judges null and void in my eyes..

@Anonymous I don’t have ‘humble’ opinions.. just opinions.. I speak my mind and type what I see. Now whether what these eyes see is what’s actually there is a totally different thing..
I’m the biggest hypocrite going sometimes, and at those times I expect it be called out by anyone and everyone..
I can assure you no one listens to a word I say anyway so don’t you start now 😉
Message 196 of 239

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a big fan @Anonymous of yours

I DO listen to what you say wink

You say what others are maybe thinking

Who will you be voting for in DOI ?

Message 197 of 239

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25015 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As I said a while ago, in my opinion, Ben was the dark horse of the competition. Due to the judges, he is no longer in the competition.

I do not rate Libby as being in the same class as Joe or Perri and will base my choice tonight on the lads` skating. Although it could be, and has been, argued that Perri has been consistently good throughout, I don`t think the final will be as clear cut as first imagined.

That`s my thought and have no problem with being proved wrong on the night - and am looking forward to it.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 198 of 239

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Another one not voting for skills on the night!! Kinda makes the complaints about the judges null and void in my eyes..

What on earth do you mean by that @Anonymous ? More importantly, have you ever watched DOI?

Unless Libby or Joe are sprinkled with magic dust on Sunday, and Perri break a leg, they have no chance. If Perri came out in carpet slippers, he will still be better than his opponents.

He has always been top of the leader board every week. they have NEVER scored as high as Perri.

So sadly you are way off track with this one. Perri is the better skater and will be the best skater tomorrow night, barring accident or injury.

Bookies odds ....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 199 of 239

Anonymous
Not applicable
I’m intrigued.. How am I off track @Cleoriff ?

You’ve already said ..

So Perri it is for me, not only because he's my favourite.

You’ve decided on your vote before he’s even skated, and yet the judges have been berated on this thread for voting for their favourites.

So if Perri falls over on the night & the others go the distance will you vote for Perri because he’s your favourite or will you vote purely based on the dance you just witnessed?

From your posts.. it looks like you’ll be voting for your favourite and not for who skates best on the night!

Tell me I’m wrong?
Message 200 of 239