Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DANCING ON ICE 2024.

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125802 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

Most of the contestants have been announced for the show so I will post them @Mi-Amigo and @sheepdog (and any other members who wish to join in.)

Dancing In Ice 24.png

The Contestants

RICKY HATTON MBE (Retired Boxer)

DOI24 RickyH.jpg

CLAIRE SWEENEY (ACTRESS)

DOI24 Claire.jpg

HANNAH SPEARITT (singer S Club 7)

DOI24 Hannah.jpg

AMBER DAVIES (Love Island/ Now Musicals Star)

DOI24 Amber.jpg

GREG RUTHERFORD MBE (Track and  Field Olympian -Long Jump)

DOI24 Greg.jpg

MILES NAZAIRE (Reality Star -Made In Chelsea)

DOI24 Miles.jpg

STEPHEN LUSTIG-WEBB Hairdresser/Reality Star (Gogglebox)

DOI24 Stephen.jpg

LOU SANDERS Stand Up Comedian.

DOI24 Lou.jpg

RICKY NORWOOD ACTOR (Eastenders)

DOI24 Ricky.jpg

ADELE ROBERTS Broadcaster and  DJ

DOI24 Adele.jpg

ROXY SHAHIDI ACTRESS (Emmerdale)

DOI24 Roxy.jpg

RYAN THOMAS Actor -Coronation Street. (His brother Adam currently on SCD.)

DOI24 Ryan.jpg

So 12 contestants currently. I think that will be it.

No word on Judges, although we know Jayne Torville and Christopher Dean will be there.

Presenters.

Originally Stephen Mulhern was replacing Philip Schofield and WAS appearing with Holly Willoughby. However, as she has now left This Morning, it's doubtful whether she will be appearing.

So this thread can be shelved until January. 😂

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/entertainment/dancing-on-ice-2024-line-up/ 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 88
87 REPLIES 87

RunrigForever
Level 21: Regular
  • 2864 Posts
  • 38 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the mention @Mi-Amigo 

I do enjoy your comments and @Cleoriff @sheepdog 

I am surprised Eddie and Ricky are still in the competition, but if judges' favouritism comes into it well then ?

Pleased to see Greg still in there doing well. I do remember him from SCD Strictly Come Dancing ..... thank you for the vid @sheepdog 

Looking forward to the 'stand in' judge Johnny Weir xx 

***DESORMAIS***
Message 51 of 88

Cleoriff
  • 125802 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

SONGS FOR MUSICALS WEEK

@sheepdog @Mi-Amigo @RunrigForever 

Ryan and Amani. Sit Down You're Rocking The Boat : From Guys and Dolls

Amber and Simon. Revolting Children : From : Matilda

Greg and Vanessa. On My Own : From :Les Miserables

Roxy and Sylvain. Your Song : From ; Moulin Rouge.

Miles and Vanessa. C/u/m On Feel The Noize ; From: Rock Of Ages. (had to write the first word of the song like that, as forum filter didn't like it!!!)

Eddie and Vicky. Phantom Of The Opera from : Phantom Of The Opera.

Adele and Mark. Little Shop Of Horrors ; From : Little Shop Of Horrors

Ricky and Annette. Sunset Boulevard ; From : Sunset Boulevard

Lou and Brendyn. Six: From : Six.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 52 of 88

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25581 Posts
  • 855 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff for who is skating to which song in Musicals Week. I`m not a fan of musicals but do know some/most of the songs and will still be watching. Probably be a fair chance of celebs in costumes this week ?

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 53 of 88

Cleoriff
  • 125802 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

Musicals Week.

Judges Challenge. Either a Freestyle Jump or Solo Spin.

A Change to tonights judging. Person with lowest score goes out, then skate off between 2 lowest left.

Lou and Brendyn  Six.

A few wobbles but a much better skate. Managed a forward jump Scored 26.5

Eddie and Vicky. Phantom of the Opera.

Excellent performance. Lot of drama Great Flip jump Scored 31.5

Ryan and Amani. Sit down you're rocking the boat.

Oh dear what a real shame. Two stumbles  but as Chris said, he did all the hard bits well and stumbled when it was easy Scored  25

Ricky and Annette Sunset Boulevard.

Good performance and solo spin. Stayed off toe picks Scored 28

Roxy and Sylvain. Your Song.

Had a funny fall in practice. Used that as an excuse for poor performance Didn't let go of Sylvain once.

Scored 24.5.

Amber and Simon. Revolting Children

Superb skate Good spin at start, Headbanger Scored 35.5

Adele and Mark. Little Shop of  Horrors

Excellent performance.Great spin jump Scored 31.5

Greg and Vanessa On My Own.

Another one with injury, despite that  gave a great performance 31.5

Miles and Vanessa. Come and feel the Noize

Superb performance. The best of the night. Loved it. First male celeb to do headbanger this series.

Scored 35.5

Loved Johnny Weir. More of him please. Loved his solo skate.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 54 of 88

Cleoriff
  • 125802 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

Skate off etc.

It was Roxy and Sylvain who received the least votes so off they went. (Such a rushed show hardly time to talk to anyone.

Skate off between

Lou and Brendyn

v

Ricky and Annette

Lou and Brendyn were voted off.

(Not sure what's happening next week as I was busy writing and typing. 😂)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 55 of 88

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25581 Posts
  • 855 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For me, the best skaters of the night were Amber and Simon and Miles and Vanessa - and not just because they did the headbanger, loved the whole performance by both couples.

I thought Eddie and Vicky and Greg and Vanessa and Adele and Mark gave really good performances but were not as good as Amber or Miles.

I was really sorry to see Ryan stumble and fall - but managed to recover and was pleased to see he was voted through to next week as he has been consistantly good.

As to the vote off, I agree with Roxy being the first to be voted off. She didn`t skate alone [has she ever during any of the shows ?] and didn`t complete the Judges Challenge.

Although previously I have been supportive of Lou, I thought it was a poor performance by her this week and in the skate off was much weaker than Ricky

From what I could make out, next week`s show is skating to something which means something to celebs...

Probably a bit premature, I want to see Amber; Miles; and Ryan in the final. 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 56 of 88

jonsie
  • 93934 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

Next week they are celebrating something to do with it being 40 years since the gold medal for the Bolero

Message 57 of 88

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3316 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Musicals or music-hells week...

Lou  Out by 8pm Needing to impress being the opening act and not bad. More confident and a better performance but probably needed this a couple of weeks ago to build on. 

Eddie Phantom flan flinger After last week, where does Eddie go and the answer is straight into next week! Not holding back and his skating is pretty good. Needs to watch his arm and hands as they er, look like an eagle about to claw from on high but without the grace and majesty. Realistically, he's giving Ryan, Ricky and Adele a bit of a scare as he's likely to face them in a skate-off and it could be extremely close. 

Ryan Rocked the boat over Not much to say really, the falls were unfortunate and took away everything. Did recover well but sadly, the falls are the only things we remember. Getting to the point where continual errors every week is going to cost votes. 

Ricky No sunset on the horizon this week What an improvement over the last few weeks. Improved on speed and transitions and the performance was perfect for him. 

Roxy Your Swansong  As the pre-skate segment started, you just knew it wasn't going to be any improvement over last week at all. More or less confirmed her exit with the oh-so-convenient injury pre show. Even so, it was just more Sylvain doing his usual bit of lifts disguising a poor skater. Judges challenge was just an acknowledgement something had to resemble it. On the other hand, we didn't get to see how much progress he's been making on his beer belly. 

Amber Revolting And rant of the week: Is this song the cheapest one to licence from a musical? Its downright awful and I'm sure Strictly rehashes it every year. Ugh. Please stop it. On the performance, I thought her judges challenge was weak and the points were gained for the difficulty in the headbanger. Have to say, overmarked if it wasn't for the headbanger. More solo skating next time as the other skaters are improving their solo skills. 

Adele Little Corner Shop of Horrors Hmm I thought a better solo skater than Amber but she doesn't seem to quite get her weight right on landing. It is wobbly at times and there were tiny slips which could compound in a complex series of movements. Nevertheless, still good though agree with Chris Dean, it is looking a bit familiar each week. 

Greg On my groin So taking the obvious pain barrier he had to go through that showed on his face out, this was a great performance by Greg in the non-skating bits. Also the skating bits were good as expected. Question is now will his injury create more problems over the week?

Miles Wild boys! Taking no prisoners especially after the judges challenge straight into a reverse kneeslide.  Now to criticise: whilst he can skate and do the lifts, he still needs to work on the transitions in order to not look like he's building up to a big move. It does lead to the performance looking rushed. Actually like to see less big moves and more solo skating next week for a change (isn't there a synchro challenge coming up?)

BTW wasn't a head banger but a "float". The headbanger oscillates with the head way too close to the ice on the trough. 

Pointless bit where a west-end stage singer banshee'd her way through a short tune. Oh hang on, it wasn't the same singer unveiled as Airfryer from The Masked Singer last night? Same voice same screeching and both obscurities from a west end show. Hilariously awful bit with Stephen Mulhern spinning around ad-libbing spinning on a podium on the ice looking like 3 year old trying not to soil themselves.

Johnny Wier: Please keep Ashley Banjo away from the studio Pay him if you need to or get a restraining order. As for the performance, he's a bit good isn't he 😁 Fitted right into the panel without a missing a beat. 

Skate-off: No surprise it was going to be Roxy going, thankfully we didn't get to see Sylvain do his stuff in a skate-off. Think we were spared another rendition of Lou's skate-off for next weeks show though in all fairness, it was going to be hard against Ricky's routine which was pretty good.

Don't think they mentioned next weeks show so presume it is a normal show with a random singer in between. Ah not quite, next week marks the 40th anniversary of the gold medal winning Bolero so expect a collaboration from Johnny Wier and Gemma Collins honouring the skate in a truly unique TV spectacle not to be missed. What? You've never heard of the multi-verse theory? 🤣

Message 58 of 88

Cleoriff
  • 125802 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Next week they are celebrating something to do with it being 40 years since the gold medal for the Bolero

Oh thats right @jonsie. Sarajevo 1984. Thanks 😉

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 59 of 88

Cleoriff
  • 125802 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@sheepdog @Mi-Amigo 

Yet again I have spent a long time searching for the music for Sundays show! I have been on numeous sites and can find nothing!

Getting tired of it now. Even ITV's own Dancing On Ice site have not published it.

I'm busy tomorrow so will look once and if it's not published then tough.

I'm afraid it won't be posted on here.

This time last week it was published at 13.45.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 60 of 88