Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Level 3: Thinker

DAB or FM radio.

Who has a DAB or FM radio if so what radio station do you like on your DAB or FM radio?
Topics: 248

Re: DAB or FM radio.

BBC Radio Four on FM radio

*possum si vollo* *per ardua ad astra*

I don't work for O2
Xperia L1 - The Android Army Marches Onwards
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry
Topics: 20

Basically given up on radio bar Radio 5 in the car which is thankfully DAB rather than MW. Commercial radio is effectively Heart FM these days so a day long of the same playlist by about 4 different artists. I'm not joking about that - a few years back I drove a lot and it was guaranteed you'd hear something by Robbie Willams or Pink no matter which region you were in. Sometimes you'd get the bonus of hearing the same song twice within 10 minutes when you drove over the county border.  Heart FM did have their best bit in the early morning shows from local-ish DJ's that you could relate to but now, they've all been kicked out making road noise more interesting. 

Tried to listen to Absolute 90's but sadly after a week, you discover their playlist is four artists with Oasis being one that you will guarantee to hear every four hours. Or less. 

Worse still, turns out that apart from the major stations everything is broadcast in mono rather than stereo which makes it sound flat compared to FM.

Level 24: Climbing the Ladder

Hi @Luke30 

DAB   "The world service"

(well you did askupside down)

Level 41: Prodigal

Quite like Radio X (rebrand from X FM) which is mostly DAB but I tend to use their app.
Will imagine that their breakfast show is not everyone's cup of tea (Chris Moyles who used to do Radio 1)...
Now using the LG V30.

Previously: LG G4, Sony Z1, HTC Sensation XE, Samsung Omnia i900
Try the Tech Galaxy Note 4
Try the Tech Lumia 640LTE and Microsoft Band

@TallTrees wrote:

Hi @Luke30 

DAB   "The world service"

(well you did askupside down)

I listen to FM The World Service too @TallTrees ... particularly when I can't get to sleep ... I enjoy their hour of Business News 1am to 2am

I don't work for O2
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry

Hello @WispaRed7 There are some very good real-life stories from all around the world.

Really enjoy it.  Absolutely love it late night unfortunately I often do not hear the

end of things as dropped off to sleep!!!

Hello @TallTrees ... my old clock FM radio switches itself off after 59 minutes ... so I can drift off to sleep either to late Radio Four or The World Service ... well that's the plan most often wink

I don't work for O2
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband

Hello @WispaRed7 

Yes I had one something like the photo below ~

great clock radio, as you say switches off ~

they were a perfect bedside clock radio.

Mine fell down and broke and I bought

a Pure Dab Radio ~ but really not as easy to

use.  Good sound though that's if I needed

better sound upside down

Bit like this one

clock radio.jpg

[ Edited ]

Hello @TallTrees 

The alarm on mine hasn't worked for some years ... no matter, I use my phone alarm

Whilst the FM radio is still performing at an acceptable level I shall stick with it ... money being saved for plants for BEES wink

I don't work for O2
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband