Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAB or FM radio.

Luke30
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 389 Posts
  • 131 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Who has a DAB or FM radio if so what radio station do you like on your DAB or FM radio?
LGreenwood
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

BBC Radio Four on FM radio

Message 2 of 24

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Basically given up on radio bar Radio 5 in the car which is thankfully DAB rather than MW. Commercial radio is effectively Heart FM these days so a day long of the same playlist by about 4 different artists. I'm not joking about that - a few years back I drove a lot and it was guaranteed you'd hear something by Robbie Willams or Pink no matter which region you were in. Sometimes you'd get the bonus of hearing the same song twice within 10 minutes when you drove over the county border.  Heart FM did have their best bit in the early morning shows from local-ish DJ's that you could relate to but now, they've all been kicked out making road noise more interesting. 

Tried to listen to Absolute 90's but sadly after a week, you discover their playlist is four artists with Oasis being one that you will guarantee to hear every four hours. Or less. 

Worse still, turns out that apart from the major stations everything is broadcast in mono rather than stereo which makes it sound flat compared to FM.

Message 3 of 24

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10665 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @Luke30 

DAB   "The world service"

(well you did askupside_down)

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 24

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Quite like Radio X (rebrand from X FM) which is mostly DAB but I tend to use their app.
Will imagine that their breakfast show is not everyone's cup of tea (Chris Moyles who used to do Radio 1)...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TallTrees wrote:

Hi @Luke30 

DAB   "The world service"

(well you did askupside_down)

I listen to FM The World Service too @TallTrees ... particularly when I can't get to sleep ... I enjoy their hour of Business News 1am to 2am

Message 6 of 24

TallTrees
  • 10665 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous There are some very good real-life stories from all around the world.

Really enjoy it.  Absolutely love it late night unfortunately I often do not hear the

end of things as dropped off to sleep!!!

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 7 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @TallTrees ... my old clock FM radio switches itself off after 59 minutes ... so I can drift off to sleep either to late Radio Four or The World Service ... well that's the plan most often wink

Message 8 of 24

TallTrees
  • 10665 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous 

Yes I had one something like the photo below ~

great clock radio, as you say switches off ~

they were a perfect bedside clock radio.

Mine fell down and broke and I bought

a Pure Dab Radio ~ but really not as easy to

use.  Good sound though that's if I needed

better sound upside_down

Bit like this one

clock radio.jpg

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 9 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @TallTrees 

The alarm on mine hasn't worked for some years ... no matter, I use my phone alarm

Whilst the FM radio is still performing at an acceptable level I shall stick with it ... money being saved for plants for BEES wink

Message 10 of 24