cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer complaint and dissatisfaction of services and treatment provided

Anonymous
Not applicable

I RARELY complain and try to just get on with things but this company has just about made my situation as bad as it could ever get. Where do I begin? I chatted with them as I noticed I had a charge on my account that was supposed to be part of my international favorites (that I pay for every month). The woman said the following (verbatim as I have a screenshot): "You'll not be charged for this and please be assured it will not happen again". Then went on to say the credit amount will be reflected before the bill is generated. This chat was several weeks ago BEFORE my bill and I have proof in a screenshot of the chat message. Of course they have it as well but refuse to take responsibility for this. I then received a text message yesterday saying I had to pay the full amount (without the credit) so I chatted again and the final answer was that the credit was going on the next bill. SO not only was I lied to but now they have had the audacity to say that there is nothing they can do now that the bill has been generated. I KNOW that there is something they can do. They are the company, their accounts, their billing. I called this morning as the chat service was obviously NOT working and was told again that there was nothing they could do. Washing their hands of their responsibility once again. AND on top of that, my last month's device charge had not been deducted and I was late on payment. I NEVER unauthorised any payments. I was told to call my bank. BUT before hanging up I wanted proof of credit. Carmen advised she had sent the text to my phone 3-5 times and also sent a email and I have yet to receive either. I tried to keep her on the line until I had some type of proof but she would not stay on. Why were they not able to send me text or email? THEY ARE the phone company I pay for these types of services??? I went on to call my bank who then advised that there had been no transactions on O2's end and are now sending a letter that I will get within 5 working days to have written proof from my bank that no such payments have been UNAUTHORISED. So I found myself wanting to make a payment I did not want to make in the first place and could not do it!!!! RIGHT?? Get where I am going with this? I propose to this company that they take a serious look at the treatment of customers and most important that they VALUE their customers because without them they would NOT exist. Bottom line is they did not keep their word and I am not happy about that. Not once did I feel any type of retribution for what they have caused. Yes, they credited my account and it will show on my next bill but it is about the principal of the matter and the respect they should have for their clients. I wonder if I will get a response from this? Probably not. I bet this gets deleted from their FB page. below is the copy of my chat Inline image 1 looking forward to hearing someone.  Best

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122762 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Firstly this is a customer to customer forum so no one from O2 will see your complaint officially on here.

Secondly you must remove your phone number. On an open forum this could create problems.

I think you also need to make an official complaint yourself...you can do this via this link

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

*Flagged re phone number

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Crazy that you have to keep chasing this. Just a couple of observations,  I would never rely on live chat to deal with anything account related, a credit can be added to the account immediately. 

This obviously wasn't done and that's unacceptable, it should have been applied when agreed. However the adviser was correct about not being able to alter the bill once it has been produced, the system won't allow this and it will have to now applied on your next bill. Keep an eye on My O2 and I agree with @Cleoriff about making an official complaint via the link. Very poor customer service and experience. 

Message 3 of 3