Did you mean: 

Cricket World Cup 🏏

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi guys, 

The 2019 Cricket World Cup is kicking off tomorrow! Is anyone planning on following it?

Cricket isn't really big in France, so until I moved over here I had barely heard or seen much of it. The origin of this sport are uncertain, but some of the earliest mentions of it date back to the 16th century in South-East England. This bat-and-ball sport is played on a large field between two teams of 11 players. The first World Cup was organised in England in June 1975, and Australia hold the current title - their 5th!

Photo of cricket player

Are you interested in Cricket?

Do/did you play cricket, or are looking forward to this year's World Cup?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@MI5 

So Friday will be the day for you - fingers crossed it'll be a good tournament this year smiling Are you rooting for them to win as well? 

@Mi-Amigo 

Funnily enough, for some reason, I thought softball was closer to handball than baseball ... still learning every day wink

@Cleoriff 

Oooh I see, my bad sweat_smile Apologies to Ben for implying he didn't like circket when he was in fact having a blast, and kudos to you and your husband for powering through the boredom it inspired you - I'm sure he's grateful  slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 11 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, should be a good opener for them against Pakistan.
They would be my second choice behind England of course wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 19

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25015 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

@Mi-Amigo 

Funnily enough, for some reason, I thought softball was closer to handball than baseball ... still learning every day wink

You may be right @EmilieT . I am the last person you could learn anything from about sport.

Why do you think there haven`t been any sports questions in the Thursday Quiz?  joy

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 13 of 19

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@MI5 

Oh yes of course, please pardon my near blasphemy! zipper_mouth I saw that this year the games were hosted in England and Wales - ever been or been tempted to go to a game? Or is it one you're happy to see from the comfort of your home?

@Mi-Amigo 

Makes perfect sense now  joy I'm right there with you with the lack of sports knowledge, though I'm always interested to learn about anything and everything nerd

signature

Message 14 of 19

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As an ardent dedicated cricketer until age caught up with me,  I'm really looking forward to this starting. I think there may be too much expectation of England though I do think they will do well. India have a good chance but never write off the Aussies.

Message 15 of 19

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I go to Edgebaston and Trent Bridge regularly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 19

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I go to Edgebaston and Trent Bridge regularly.

Brilliant,  I used to go to Old Trafford occasionally back in the day but it's tv only for me now. Although I've been twice this season to watch the team. They lost both times 😂

Message 17 of 19

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's a good value ticket for all day ESP if the sun's shining and you can have a few bevvies 😁

Currently using:
Message 18 of 19

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
It's a good value ticket for all day ESP if the sun's shining and you can have a few bevvies 😁

That's always a bonus 😁

Message 19 of 19