Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Topics: 250

Re: Coventry wins City of Culture 2021

Hello @Cleoriff  @viridis  @MI5 how is it going with Coventry being the city of Culture 2021?

At the end of Hull being City of Culture 'a Banksy' appeared ... hooligans vandalised it Smiley Mad the police put some sort of barrier around it 

*possum si vollo* *per ardua ad astra*

I don't work for O2
Xperia L1 - The Android Army Marches Onwards
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry
Topics: 677

@WispaRed7 

I haven't been to Coventry for months @WispaRed7  so couldn't tell you.

I'm there for the funeral of my neighbour next Tuesday but I doubt I will see much of the City. Smiley Sad

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 530

Same old shiz as usual Jane.
CoC is appropriate, but laughable.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)

@Cleoriff wrote:

@WispaRed7 

I haven't been to Coventry for months @WispaRed7  so couldn't tell you.

I'm there for the funeral of my neighbour next Tuesday but I doubt I will see much of the City. Smiley Sad

Sorry for my post brining up something which is sad for you @Cleoriff heart

I don't work for O2
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry

[ Edited ]

@MI5 wrote:
Same old shiz as usual Jane.
CoC is appropriate, but laughable.

Yeah @MI5 ... ... ... it's the mega amounts of money which is 'played about with' and could be better spent this bothers me ... ... ... I'm no Philistine, but ??? !!!

I don't work for O2
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
Topics: 677

All I will say @WispaRed7  is this. It's a bit of a tragedy that Coventry, City of Culture, needs to have it's once great football team shove off to Birmingham to play football instead of the Ricoh Arena which was built for them. That's a long story and one I won't be discussing here!! angry devil

*The Game Is On*

Hello @Cleoriff 

May I just say that sounds rather quokwifted !

The Castleford Tigers, they've been after an up to date ground for many many years ... imhho there is no money in Cas' for it ... down Wheldon Lane was there when it was CRLFC (Castleford Rugby League Football Club) the strip was black & amber horizontal stripes

As kids we'd go to Saturday morning dancing class then meet up again under the wooden scoreboard at the railway lines end of the ground

Our previous Senior school reunion was in the Tigers bar

Aye all 'R$e about face isn't it ?

I don't work for O2
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
Topics: 77

And we're just about to have a congestion charge levvied on any vehicle entering the city...
I said before and I'll say it again..
One giant campus.
Congestion charge will 100% kill off the Coventry of old, retail is decaying as it is...
No football stadium, no speedway, no developments for the furtherment of the city for its tax paying citizens...
Just line after line of student accommodation, bars and takeaways
Watch as it's slowly absorbed into "greater Birmingham"

Highlighted

Hello @viridis 

The last line of your post is most upsetting

'Watch as it's slowly absorbed into greater Birmingham'

It all sounds like a bit of a tradjedy

The Council's fault ?

In Skipton we blame the Council for everything particularly for the very high business rate tax destroying the individual shops / businesses which were there 20+ years ago when I came to live in the town ... & ... the market has been in decline for years ... this is a town which depends upon tourism ! 

Sorry to bang on about the town where I live

Where is common sense ! ?

I don't work for O2
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband