Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Topics: 684

Re: Coventry wins City of Culture 2021

@viridis. You better start taking some before and after photos.

@MI5Yes I have seen the student accommodation .....a sign of a flourishing, popular, highly rated University...

As I say , the judges chose it. I am very proud of that...Lets hope it lives up to expectations and makes it better for the residents of the City...

*The Game Is On*

Highlighted
Topics: 547

Although not a city (they were on the Queen's list for a few years) Bolton has suffered in exactly the same way as Coventry. It wasn't bombed much but the town centre now looks like it has. 

Since the University and Campus were built, student accommodation is the priority. This was once a brilliant thriving place to shop but the Labour councillors have ruined it over the years. It truly is now a ghost town. 

Topics: 77

Oh Warwick uni is lovely and yes, accommodation is well considered.....
Coventry city university however..
Nearly every tall building is now got awful paint jobs, and converted to student digs, and more and more high rises get put up constantly, for more accomodation.
Whilst the retail and "town" feeling rots away, the ever growing student union buildings dwarf our spires.

Topics: 532

Exactly @viridis.
Very little to be proud of currently.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)

Strange how the football ⚽ team has declined at the pro-rata ratio as the city. 

@jonsie wrote:

Strange how the football ⚽ team has declined at the pro-rata ratio as the city. 

And the team we play in the next round of the FA cup is Stoke...who were also up for the City of Culture award...and lost to us...Smiley Very Happy

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 77

Lol hopefully 2 for 2 then.

Btw, I am obviously very glad we won the culture bid, but I just fear the council we have will exploit the people of this city more.

Twitter feed....( a lot from the Coventry campus)

https://twitter.com/covcampus?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

*The Game Is On*

@Cleoriff wrote:

Twitter feed....( a lot from the Coventry campus)

https://twitter.com/covcampus?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Not unexpected I would have thought... 

Well as a proud 'Cov Kid' who grew up in a once flourishing city, the centre of the car industry, first motorbikes made in Coventry and home of Frank Whittle (jet engines) also the key centre of other manufacturing companies.... I hope the 4 years will mark a profound change for it's residents. If folk get bored they can always go and look at the Coventry Cathedral.....or clear off to Stratford....

*The Game Is On*