Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Topics: 144

Re: Coronavirus in the UK

Yet they despise trainee and recently-graduated nurses, treat them like... Well, you know what I mean.

Ditto for teachers in these trying times.
Most Random Thread.pngMost Useful Guide.pngWe cannot access your account

Anyone reading about detections of a new Brazilian P1 strain in BBC news, take note the news is misleading - the virologist retracted the comment a while ago. 

But the lockdown on flights from Brazil, Latin America, Portugal and territories, still stands - it's a mutation that seems to render current vaccine ineffective. 

20210115_130117.jpg

For now. 

More on this development here if you want to read (Twitter)... 

Topics: 770

It all get very confusing @pgn 

I heard yesterday (BBC news) that someone in BRAZIL had contracted the UK variant. I wasn't sure how that happened as the guy in question had never travelled to the UK?!

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker

@Cleoriff wrote:

It all get very confusing @pgn 

It does, @Cleoriff - not helped by Gov't spin, deniers and people who just don't think or give a damn.

Wordy scientific papers are not much help either, although probably closer to reality for a given slant of research... 

Level 33: Firestarter

Disappointing that the vaccines are now in short supply 😕

Topics: 580

[ Edited ]

Back to that Brazilian variant @pgn, I see Boris has (today) closed the borders to anyone attempting to enter the country from South America AND Portugal.

Is there ever a bloody good news day??!!

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 580

I've been wondering for months why they haven't closed our borders and airports like other countries have done.

Should have been done well before now!

@jonsie wrote:

I've been wondering for months why they haven't closed our borders and airports like other countries have done.

Yes, borders closed and test and track at airports. Dubai had it in hand from last March: All passengers at Dubai airports undergo thermal screening for coronavirus https://gulfnews.com/uae/health/video-all-passengers-at-dubai-airports-undergo-thermal-screening-for...

@pgn wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Yes, borders closed and test and track at airports. Dubai had it in hand from last March: All passengers at Dubai airports undergo thermal screening for coronavirus https://gulfnews.com/uae/health/video-all-passengers-at-dubai-airports-undergo-thermal-screening-for...

Though limited crack down on parties in Dubai. Charles Leclerc (Ferrari F1 driver) went to Dubai, was spotted out partying without a mask and is now Covid positive. To coin his own words when he crashed into a barrier last season 'I am stupid'....Certainly are... you little twit!!

*The Game Is On*