Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Reply
Level 17: Luminescent
Posts: 1,546
Registered: ‎11-07-2012

Re: Coronavirus in the UK


@AngryOldGuy wrote:

I agree in part that the government have a vested interest in controlling the public, but they also have an interest in keeping the country running otherwise they'll have nothing to control.

Personal question Steve, do you intend to take the vaccine? (I'm not fussed if I have it or not)


Hi @AngryOldGuy , no I do not intend to take the vaccine. I am in my mid-forties, but am healthy. I barely get sniffles when colds & flues are doing the rounds let alone get ill.

 

Thanks

Steve
Posts: 13,656
Topics: 326
Registered: ‎13-02-2019

Re: Coronavirus in the UK

[ Edited ]

Cummings, that Scottish MP, and celebrities have all broken the law and the regulations.

Now two women have disregarded the rules and have become "celebrities" because of the police actions and as a result have had their fines rescinded. What sort of message does that send out? 

Before anyone bleats "what harm did those women do?", think on this. These women clearly had little regard for the rules but did what they did merely for their own selfish ends and once faced with the charges took to social media to generate the "sympathy vote".

What some people seem to fail to realise is that there is a risk, no matter what percentage figures some might to play with or compare the rate of infection with Covid-19 and annual flu.

There is real risk of contracting the virus and whilst that person themselves might not suffer the full-blown effects or have only minor symptoms, there is a real risk of them spreading the virus to the vulnerable.

These two women were not "victims" of the police and a government conspiracy to enforce a police state on the innocent. They were, like so many Covidiots, selfish. Those who break the law and have no regard for the restrictions deserve to be punished to the full extent of the law.  

animated-elephant-image-0278



Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"...
Robert Kennedy.

Level 8: Talented
Posts: 970
Registered: ‎18-11-2020

Re: Coronavirus in the UK

I'm a healthy(ish) middle aged bloke too but I'm glad I had the measles vaccine way back to safeguard against possible infections.

Do you think there's any weight to vaccines or is it just the way this one has been presented to us?
I admit to being sceptical about these vaccines being rushed through, I guess only time will tell if they're effective and safe!
Level 17: Luminescent
Posts: 1,546
Registered: ‎11-07-2012

Re: Coronavirus in the UK


@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Cummings, that Scottish MP, and celebrities have all broken the law and the regulations.

Now two women have disregarded the rules and have become "celebrities" because of the police actions and as a result have had their fines rescinded. What sort of message does that send out? 

Before anyone bleats "what harm did those women do?", think on this. These women clearly had little regard for the rules but did what they did merely for their own selfish ends and once faced with the charges took to social media to generate the "sympathy vote".

What some people seem to fail to realise is that there is a risk, no matter what percentage figures some might to play with or compare the rate of infection with Covid-19 and annual flu.

There is real risk of contracting the virus and whilst that person themselves might not suffer the full-blown effects or have only minor symptoms, there is a real risk of them spreading the virus to the vulnerable.

These two women were not "victims" of the police and a government conspiracy to enforce a police state on the innocent. They were, like so many Covidiots, selfish. Those who break the law and have no regard for the restrictions deserve to be punished to the full extent of the law.  


Why then did the police drop all investigations into Cummins' actions?  Because he's privileged. Because he's Boris' friend and adviser. That's why. No other reason.

 

Why did Hancock get away with drinking in a House Of Commons bar after the 10pm curfew he had inflicted on bars and restaurants up and down the country just a few days prior?

 

Do you really want to live in a country where it is one rule/law for the privileged, and another for the general public? Because that is what is happening here.

 

Did you know that Boris made sure that the Christmas one other household bubble rules made sure it made exemptions for families with a child of less than 1 years old? He made sure he had a normal Christmas.  It is despicable.

 

It is the duty of all MPs to serve the public. All they are doing right now is attempting to blame the public for their own failings.

 

We are only 1 week into a lockdown, yet they are saying restrictions need to be tightened. The incubation period for the virus is anything up to 2 weeks, so it is far too early for them to suggest it is not working. It takes days for tests to be processed and results come back too.

 

Thanks

Steve
Level 17: Luminescent
Posts: 1,546
Registered: ‎11-07-2012

Re: Coronavirus in the UK

[ Edited ]

@AngryOldGuy wrote:
I'm a healthy(ish) middle aged bloke too but I'm glad I had the measles vaccine way back to safeguard against possible infections.

Do you think there's any weight to vaccines or is it just the way this one has been presented to us?
I admit to being sceptical about these vaccines being rushed through, I guess only time will tell if they're effective and safe!

Vaccines are a good thing for those that need them, and I have nothign against them.

 

But you only need a vaccine to fight a virus if your body would not be able to fight the infection by itself.

 

Ebola is a killer and every single person who contracts will almost certainly die without treatment.

 

Every single person who catches measles would need treatment because it can be deadly. So everyone gets vaccinated. That makes sense.

 

Not everyone who contracts the flu gets ill from it, because the human body is capable of fighting it itself in most cases, with people experiencing no, a few symtpoms. Just feeling "pooey" for a few days" maybe. But people with underlying health problems, and the elderly are more vulnerable to it, so we have an annual vaccination program to protect them. This makes sense.

 

In my opinion, the same approach should be taken for COVID. There is no need to vaccinate people for COVID if their body can fight it easily

 

You have a vaccine to protect YOU, not others. So all this talk of the vaccine not stopping the spread is rubbish. Vaccines will stop the spread to the people who are at risk from it. That's what is needed. It doesn't matter if it spreads among the healthy because the healthy will fight it without the vaccine.

Thanks

Steve
Posts: 98,293
Topics: 762
Registered: ‎14-01-2013

Re: Coronavirus in the UK

Problem is @welshsteve76  I can foresee a world where it will become mandatory for people to have the vaccine before life returns to normal.

Airlines/travel companies will probably require it. Countries abroad will only allow you in if you are protected by the vaccine.

Of course this is purely my opinion but I fully expect this to become the norm.

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Level 17: Luminescent
Posts: 1,546
Registered: ‎11-07-2012

Re: Coronavirus in the UK

Hi @Cleoriff 

 

In all honesty, for foreign travel I have no problem with that.

 

Shutting down all air, train and ship travel apart from freight should have been done a year ago by all countries. The world wouldn't be in such a mess then

Thanks

Steve
Posts: 98,293
Topics: 762
Registered: ‎14-01-2013

Re: Coronavirus in the UK


@welshsteve76 wrote:

Hi @Cleoriff 

 

In all honesty, for foreign travel I have no problem with that.

 

Shutting down all air, train and ship travel apart from freight should have been done a year ago by all countries. The world wouldn't be in such a mess then


On that we agree. The government allowing immigrants to continue to come here without testing, always seems ass backwards to me. Also knowing  that Covid spread is vastly increased where you have overlarge families living in the same house or flat just adds to the spreading figures.

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Level 8: Talented
Posts: 970
Registered: ‎18-11-2020

Re: Coronavirus in the UK

Every single person who catches measles would need treatment because it can be deadly. So everyone gets vaccinated. That makes sense.

 

But isn't that the problem, we don't know who it kills and why. I think I've previously mentioned my biking friend, fit as a fiddle in his fifties being taken down by it. The last person in the world i'd expect to succumb to a virus. 

Level 33: Firestarter
Posts: 6,656
Registered: ‎03-08-2018

Re: Coronavirus in the UK

For what it's worth I am happy with the vaccines available for covid and when I can get it I'll be there. Thank you to those wonderful Scientists and others who test it (my neighbour was in trials).
Anyone can get it any age can get it anyone can die from it ....that's my view.