Did you mean: 

Cooking tips, recipes and attempts!

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys,

So as many of you know I've just had my kitchen renovated (the oven/hob is also brand new!). I now have a lot more motivation for making home-cooked meals than I used to, and I'm very keen on trying out different things to improve my cooking skills!

So far I have made a very simple oven vegetable dish with different chopped veggies (courgette, cherry tomatoes, broccoli, mushrooms, red onion, peppers - of which some came from a pre-chopped packet of veggies from Tesco so it was SUPER easy), a bit of olive oil (well I actually forgot to buy it so used some margarine instead), and a whole cube of Greek feta cheese melted on top. No need for seasoning as the feta is salty and the veggies have a lovely taste anyway! It turned out delicious.

More info
Photo of oven vegetables with feta cheese

I discussed vegan food with @EmilieT earlier and was intrigued. After finding an easy and delicious-looking recipe in a Finnish food blog, I decided to bake a vegan blueberry pie over the weekend. The two "trial pies" turned out great and I took some to the office as well. slight_smile 

More info
Two vegan blueberry pies straight from the oven

We've had some food topics in the past but I wanted to start a new one where I can document some of my cooking attempts!

Please do feel free to do the same if you'd like to share some of your creations (I'd love to see pictures!), and also any tips and recipes you might have for easy beginner cooking that might be helpful for anyone who is looking for some inspiration! Happy Dance 

What's your go-to easy dinner/lunch/breakfast/snack that you make yourself? slight_smile

🌽 🌮 🍜 🥐 🍅 🥕🥝

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
@Marjo
I cooked spaghetti yesterday that is quite quick. Did very similar. Used tinned tomatoes chopped left over spring onions pinch dried garlic, mint, chopped chopped bell pepper, small spoon bovril salt black pepper lemon juice, anything left over veg. Chopped small. Nice. Serve on spaghetti with grated cheddar.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 21 of 23

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Sounds so good @TallTrees ! thumbsup Last night I was super tired and didn't feel very well so I ended up ordering takeout while hungry, which resulted in having warm milk chocolate cookie dough with vanilla ice cream as dinner. LOL Tonight I aim for cooking something again.

Message 22 of 23

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @Marjo 

I know how it feels to be beyond tired!

Not well is even worse ~

The stir fry is always a quick meal but it has to be

all chopped first, lovely on rice or noodles.

However, don't always feel like chopping so

some supermarkets do a very nice frozen stir fry mix

(I think I got a good mix from tesco) it has baby 

corn and all sorts of veg in it very handy for those

"bad" days!  

then you can put that with noodles they

are easy and quick to cook. I always have some soy and 

a bottle of chilli sauce to add to mix or some little

packets of black bean sauce, chow mein sauce or

sweet and sour sauce  to pep up the flavours. 

If you have any veg you can

pop that in like the spring onions but no need.

By the time the order comes in you'll have this

meal up.   

Enjoy your meal tonighthugging

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 23 of 23