Did you mean: 

Community tips for managing stress

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys, happy Wednesday! smiling

I remember we've had a couple of previous discussions about mental health, specifically, stress. The latest topics I found related to stress were from March 2019 and an earlier one from 2018, and there were some good tips, experiences and info shared by many members! slight_smile

As today is National Stress Awareness Day, which is a good opportunity to think about well-being and finding information about managing stress, it's also a good moment to revive this discussion a bit and share some further tips. It would be lovely to get some views from all of you as well who haven't participated in the earlier discussions. 

Below are some of the things I picked up from our earlier conversations - it's also important to note that what works for one might not work for another, and if you're unable to manage stress on your own, you should seek further help. Getting to the underlying issue would be good too, the thing that actually is causing you stress. hugging

Ideas on how to unwind and manage stress:

• Reading a book
  • Sitting in the sun
  • Being in the company of good friends
  • Exercising (cycling, running) with headphones on
  • Visiting home and spending time with family
  • Learning about more positivity and self-awareness
  • Using stress-management apps like Headspace
  • Taking a nice walk
  • Talking to others about your troubles
  • Singing along to your favourite songs
  • Getting busy with a task for some temporary distraction
  • Making use of some anger-management practises
  • Listening to music
  • Doing some arts and crafts, e.g. knitting
  • Cooking
  • Watching your favourite TV shows

Credit to you guys from this topic from 2018 for the above list! slight_smile

Do you have any additional observations or experiences related to managing stress? I'd love to see some more added to the list above now that a year has passed? Do you use the methods above on a regular basis? slight_smile

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Anonymous 

it is! but cool on the other hand grin

@Marjo 

I so wanna have that...

There is one where you can colour anatomic things... Wanted that and got it from my best friend last year. It's in my old house still tho...

The Dutch love such books, got some there (still in old town...) ... Should bring them here next time I'll go ^^

And hell... I love Mandalas! slight_smile

Mum and I used to buy a book, copy it, so we could colour it again and again ^^

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

3 x diazepam (on prescription) they relax your muscles and disengage you from your feelings. Lie down comfortably in bed whilst the tablets do their work, usually within 10 minutes. Maximum 3 tablets per day. They are tranquilizers and can become addictive unless taken wisely, which I do

Snuggling up with my cat Marty cat

Music just does not do it for me at all

Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marjo 

Carry an iPod and tend to listen to music during my lunchbreak away from my desk which tends to be the sort of stuff I've posted in the what are you listening to thread.

@AnonymousThought you were as chilled out as a cucumber in a fridge slight_smile

Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@AnonymousThought you were as chilled out as a cucumber in a fridge slight_smile

@Anonymous I've never been called that before ha ha ha ... actually, I'm a born worrier ... but getting out into the fresh air once a day helps, so does having an afternoon of non-alcoholic drinks with my close friends at a nearby bar

The most stressful thing in my life at present is looking after my mum who is elderly and infirm, but who is also demanding and it's a strain. I visit her to keep her company and it's my good friends who help me by talking things through with me. I couldn't do without them smiling

Message 14 of 16

OliverQueen
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Easy solution for stress....

Have a W..........ALK!!!!!! 

My name is Oliver Queen. After five years in hell, I returned home with only one goal: to save my city. But my old approach wasn't enough. I had to become someone else. I had to become something else. I had to become the Green Arrow.
Message 15 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I’m doing the couch to 5k.. I’m on the final week.. I hate running but it has been quite relaxing..
Message 16 of 16